New Build works Mac Pro 12 Core

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by adamsfbay_vm, Aug 27, 2010.

1. adamsfbay_vm

adamsfbay_vm Junior Member

After my problem was elevated to 2nd-tier support, they issued a build 9374.599725 that has solved all the problems I encountered on my new Mac Pro 12 core.

It installs perfectly under the 64 bit kernel, runs 8 processors and 8GB RAM perfectly. Thanks, Parallels!

-Adam

2. vsc

vsc Bit poster

I purchased Parallels more than a month ago and now I have to pay for support to get this bug fix? I don't get it.

3. adamsfbay_vm

I'm not sure what you're upset about. A problem was identified and reported. They are working on a fix and testing it with a limited number of folks to make sure it's solid. Then, I'm sure, they'll release it. You won't have to pay anything.

I don't think it could be done any other way. What do you suggest?

4. ErikF

ErikF Bit poster

... so how do we get this build?

So how do we get our hands on this build?

5. vsc

vsc Bit poster

Being asked to pay for support on a known bug? It's not like I'm asking anyone to spend time working through an issue...

In any case I found out for myself that email support is in fact included for 18 months...

6. adamsfbay_vm

I don't work for Parallels, but I assume once the fix is tested and deemed production-ready they will release it. I know this is important to them, so I imagine soon.

7. adamsfbay_vm

I was affected by this bug. I didn't pay anything to get in touch with support, get a response, a new build beta ... and I'm sure, once fully tested, the new production release will be freely available to everyone. I don't see how this equates to asking for people to pay for supporting known bugs. Anyone can report them, they fix them, they issue an update when it's tested. That's all that is going on here. This bug was reported about six days ago, and a promising release is already on the horizon.