Macbook air deep sleep resume problem

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by edd--, Nov 7, 2010.

1. edd--

edd-- Junior Member

I'm having an issue when the new macbook air (late 2010) enters deep sleep mode, so this only happens after a minimum of 1 hour sleep: At first when the system awakes it hangs for a few seconds on the parallels session, and afterwards it works very slow, and the virtual CPU is half of the time running @ 100% only option is to reboot the VM ... any idea what could cause this ?

2. edd--

edd-- Junior Member

I found a 'deep sleep' widget to help emulate this problem ... when parallels is running and is resumed from deep sleep it sometimes spontaneously reboots, crashes or hangs ... I works fine when parallels desktop is not running.

For now I have disabled deep sleep with the command: sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

3. nikeitan

nikeitan Member

Interesting. Maybe this could be the cause why Parallels prevent Mac OSX to go sleep after idle time.
    They still have problems with sleep/resume of host Operating System.
    Hope they could solve these problems promptly.

Edd are you using a windows VM? can you try also a Linux VM (Ubuntu 10.10 live cd for example) and check if Parallels crash/hang after resume?

4. edd--

edd-- Junior Member

interesting indeed ... I tried with Chromium OS and I can't seem to reproduce the problem, the problem guest is windows 7 64-bit business edition

5. gorrs

gorrs Bit poster

thanks for info

6. edd--

edd-- Junior Member

Problems seems to be resolved using the last EFI update for the macbook air and the latest version of PD ...