System shortcuts passing through to Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Jeremy Bernstein, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Jeremy Bernstein

Jeremy Bernstein Member

I use the program Spark under OSX to manage app switching, using command keys like cmd-alt-F1, cmd-alt-F2 and so on. These work fine, but the alt-F2 part is getting passed to Parallels 6 if Parallels is the frontmost application, which is very annoying, since alt-F2 sometimes causes my apps to do things I don't want, or types text, etc.

P5 did not do this. Is there a way to regain the old behavior (Apple/Command key down? do not pass keyboard combination to Parallels)? Or (Keyboard shortcut intercepted by OSX? do not pass keyboard combination to Parallels) would be better.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  2. Don Bachner

Don Bachner Bit poster

I am having a similar problem with any keyboard input passing through to parallels when I am in coherence mode in Parallels 6 and OSX 10.6.5. I only noticed this when I updated to 10.6.5 this weekend.

3. Jeremy Bernstein

Jeremy Bernstein Member

I made a workaround with a keyboard profile in the Preferences for my particular shortcuts, mapping cmd-alt-F1 thought cmd-alt-F2 to the command key. Seems to work, although it's an annoying behavior to have to work around.