Annoying pop up messages

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Parallels User, Nov 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

2. LiudmilaA

LiudmilaA Bit poster

Dear Andreas,

Registration of Parallels Desktop is done for your convenience. It allows you to get automatic updates and get technical support.

Note that once you register Parallels Desktop 6, you get 30 days of free phone and chat support and free email suppot till March 2012.

Moreover, registration allows you to be sure that your actiavtion key is kept in a safe place and in case you loose, you will be able to easily find it.

3. feydrm

feydrm Bit poster

500 licenses and tired of pop-ups

There are messages on this forum and across the internet about this going back 2 years.

FYI I am the Mac Sys Admin for a school district and we have 500 licenses. We have had 500 licenses going back to v.4

These pop-ups have become especially aggravating in 6. The Activation key is "registered" to the CTO and anyone who tries to do this process fails. Not too mention that my users should not have to put up with an "incomplete" deployment from me.

There needs to be a way for enterprise clients to disable registration & permanently disable invitations for Kaspersky in Windows. We have a terrible issue with teachers who have installed Kaspersky from Parallels on top of the district provided AV solution.

We originally chose Parallels for the vm from Boot Camp feature and better performance, but frankly VirtualBox is less of a headache and cost for me to deploy.

You need to fix this or you will lose 500 licenses at renewal time.

And yes I have called support on several occasions. I just checked back in to the issue to see if you had changed anything yet, it is disappointing but not surprising that you have not.

4. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

5. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi StephenS43,

Please follow the steps as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/113744 to remove bad entries in the host files which may help you in resolving the issue.

Also follow the steps as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/113647

Thanks,
    Abdul

6. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.