Several issues after updating to build 6.0.11990

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Hans Balen, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Hans Balen

Hans Balen Member

I have several issues with the new build 6.0.11990.
    Programs like explorer and MailWasher do not start. Sometimes I have to restart windows 7 tree to four times before it works properly. Also Outlook is functioning no longer properly. See topic http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=106836

It is possible to go to a previous version of Parallels?

2. audimackid

audimackid Bit poster

I had a similar problem - Lotus Notes would not work after upgrading to build 6.0.11990. The update file includes an uninstaller. You can uninstall Parallels without touching your virtual machines or setting files. I uninstalled the program then reinstalled the program from the CD. When it asked if I wanted to install the latest version I said yes and it pulled down the 11828 build from the web site.

3. robet maier

robet maier Bit poster

Auto software updater isn't able to locate 11990

Interesting that notes broke after the upgrade.. Are you on notes 8 or 7?

Anyway, my parallels auto updater isn't locating build 11990. Wonder if anyone else is seeing the same issue?

4. de3an

de3an Bit poster

I have Build 6.0.11828, and mine also does not see the new build.
    I'm hesitant to manually install a build that the auto updater doesn't recognize.

5. GeoffreyZ

GeoffreyZ Member

New Version Available Build 6.0.1.11992

Version 11992 is now available for download:

http://download.parallels.com/desktop/v6/docs/en/Readme_for_Parallels_Desktop.pdf

This version worked for me. I was able to install Parallels Tools with 4 GB RAM allotted to the virtual machine and no longer have problems with opening links in MS Outlook 2010 or the Office Suite.

6. de3an

de3an Bit poster

Yes, I noticed that earlier today. Parallels recognized that version and downloaded it.
    Seems to work OK so far. It has solved my Sleep problem, where there would be a 32 second delay after manually putting my system to sleep. Now it sleeps within a couple of seconds.

7. DJRumpy

DJRumpy Member

Same issues here. The 1190 update is a disaster. Numerous programs fail to start in XP as well. Eventually ended up with a corrupt image. Had to restore from backup back to a Nov version. Going to try to update to 1192 if it will let me. I haven't been able to get the Parallels Tools to install again since I fell back to an earlier version.

Ugh.

8. Hans Balen

Hans Balen Member

Since the update to build 6.0.1192 the problem with Outlook is solved.
    The problems on Windows startup is not solved. After starting windows, I get the message that Explorer cannot start properly. After a reboot two or three times it will start normally.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  9. DJRumpy

DJRumpy Member

I agree. Startup failures for various dll's, exe's, and services is still happening. I reported it via the Parallels menu's but I did no open a ticket.

10. Hans Balen

Hans Balen Member

It seems that the problems are growing. The Windows gadgets stops working also.

11. jheinen

jheinen Bit poster

Several issues with CentOS and Ubuntu VMs since 11990

I have lots of problems with CentOS 5.5 and Ubuntu 10.04 virtual machines (64-Bit) since 6.0.11990. The disk images had been destroyed (missing files etc.) after the update and I had to downgrade to build 6.0.11828 and restore the virtual machines from backup. With the old version, everything works fine. Neither 11990 nor 11992 work on my desktop machine (with 8 GB of RAM). May be, it's a memory issue, 'cause on my laptop (4 GB), everything seems to work fine.