Cross of Lorraine Key (for Sabre)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BabalooM, Apr 18, 2011.

1. BabalooM

BabalooM Bit poster

I am running WinXP virtualized from my Mac and Sabre (travel agency software) is running on the virtual XP. Sabre requires extensive use of a special character called the "cross of lorraine", which appears as ‡

When I press the shift-opt-7 key combo on the Mac keyboard (to generate the character), nothing is sent through to the virtual XP machine on Parallels. The Windows virtual keyboard (from accessories-accessibility) does not include this key, so that is not an option. Typing the ASCI sequence within Windows just results that sequence appearing on the virtual machine screen.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

2. gkratkin

gkratkin Member

Perhaps you could copy it onto the clipboard when you need it. I can type the key on the Mac and paste it into my Windows VM. Not an ideal answer, I know.

The other thing that occurs to me is KeyRemap4MacBook (http://pqrs.org/macosx/keyremap4macbook). I don't see how to generate that key in its documentation, but the author is very helpful and might have a suggestion.

3. BabalooM

BabalooM Bit poster

Copy and paste - I didn't think of that. I will try it right away - my only concern is pasting into the Sabre terminal window, but I won't know if that's a problem until I try it. Thank you