BSOD STOP prl_usb_mng64.sys

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by Parallels User, Aug 27, 2011.

1. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

2. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

3. Dil999

Dil999 Bit poster

I'm getting a BSOD after I install the ASM104x USB 3 driver. When I plug in a usb device it goes BSOD caused by prl_usb_mng64.sys.

I am going to try to uninstall parallels and see what happens.

4. michelsmith

michelsmith Banned

Hi,

Possible prl_usb_mng64.sys error messages

1. Dll Registration: Failed for file C:\WINDOWS\System32\prl_usb_mng64.sys

2. "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: Windows\system32\prl_usb_mng64.sys. Please re-install a copy of the above file."

3. "This application failed to start because prl_usb_mng64.sys was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

4. "Cannot find prl_usb_mng64.sys" [​IMG]

5. Dil999

Dil999 Bit poster

I removed Parallels Desktop 4 and I have had no USB issues since. If there is anyone in Parallels following these forums is it possible they could comment on the issue.

I might try to install it again and see if the problem stil exists. It may work by being installed after the USB3 Driver

6. Dil999

Dil999 Bit poster

I installed Parallels desktop 4 again. Same problem.
    I got it working by disabling the parallels USB manager in the device manager

In Parallels disable the USB Controller in the Virtual Machine Configuration.

then
    Open the device manager.
    show hidden devices
    expand 'non-plug and play drivers'
    Double Click 'Parallels USB Device Manager'
    on the 'Driver' Tab, go to the startup section, then select 'Disabled' from the drop down menu. Reboot

you wont be able to use any USB devices on the virtual Machine, but they should work okay on the real PC

7. kyliej

kyliej Banned

I removed Parallels Desktop 4 and I have had no USB issues since. If there is anyone in Parallels following these forums is it possible they could comment on the issue.
    I might try to install it again and see if the problem stil exists. It may work by being installed after the USB3 Driver

Test4prep | Cisco CCNA Certification | Cisco CCIE Certification

8. Dil999

Dil999 Bit poster

I tried every possible combination of installation. the only solution is as above. I wouldn't hold my breath for Parallels either, there's been no update to Parallels desktop 4 since Oct 13, 2009. I uninstalled Parallels 4 eventually and now I am using Windows XP mode as my virtual Machine, no Usb issues whatsoever. Parallels seem to be more focused on the Mac Market than the PC

I am shotly going to use the VMWare Workstation for my replacement Windows 7 VM when I get time.

9. petegm

petegm Bit poster

Since installing mountain lion X I no longer can get parallels to operate my XP windows. I think parallels should should come clean and sort out the problem I think the whole situation stinks.
    fed up petegm.

10. yudiki

yudiki Banned

11. leslie_martin2

leslie_martin2 Bit poster