Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac Build 12106 is available!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Dmitriy, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Bit poster

Dear Users,

Parallels Desktop (build 6.0.12106) improves compatibility with Mac OS X v10.7 Lion and includes fixes and improvements that:

-Improve USB compatibility with OS X Lion.
    -Resolve the problem with starting a Boot Camp virtual machine after upgrading to Lion OS X.
    -Resolve the problem with using Spaces while running Parallels Desktop after upgrading to Lion OS X.
    -Enhanced video performance in Ubuntu 11.04 virtual machines.
    -Improved compatibility with Mac OS X Server version 10.6.8 running in a virtual machine.
    -Resolve compatibility issues with Sage software.

This update is highly recommended for all users of Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac.

Updates for Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac are available via:

- Parallels Desktop in-product updater
    - Parallels Desktop download page - http://www.parallels.com/download/desktop/

http://kb.parallels.com/en/112239

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2012
  2. tucktuck

tucktuck Junior Member

not available

The updated does not seem to be available either in-app or via the website.

3. tucktuck

tucktuck Junior Member

ok, it is now.

4. OnEmAnArMy

OnEmAnArMy Junior Member

:( with this version boot time has increased a bit.
    (MBP 6,2 i7, 8gb and ssd... before this update boot time 7 secs.. now a bit more..)

5. Stolicow

Stolicow Bit poster

On Lion, the update to Build 6.0.12106 (Revision 692267; September 7, 2011) hangs.

I killed the install and retried but now it says waiting on another install to complete. This update is hosed. Parallels won't start because the update process deleted it.

Don't apply this until the fix it.

6. LloydH

LloydH Bit poster

Still crashes: startup and randomly

It still crashes my guest OS, Win2K (don't ask). Does it on startup, right before it goes into full-screen-resolution part of startup. Also does it randomly when I'm in another host application: I go command-tabbing for Parallels, and it's gone.

Restarting Parallels in either case take it up where it left off, spookily enough.

I was going to re-do another VM from scratch, but based upon the other replies in the forum, it looks like that solution doesn't work.

Build 6.0.12106 (Revision 692267; September 7, 2011).