Problems with Caps Lock

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by jasonbrown, Jun 4, 2007.

1. jasonbrown

jasonbrown Bit poster

Moved from "How to"

Hi,

I am new to using Paralells and I have a problem involving hte caps lock on my mac keyboard. The caps lock works invertedly in Parallels; if it the light is off it types capital letters, and if it is on it types lower case letters, the exact opposite to what happens in the mac OS. It is a little bothersome. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Jason

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2007
  2. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

on my mb pro i use an external keyboard, when this prob happens, i toggle caps lock on the laptops own keyboard and it invariably fixes the issue.

3. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

It might help to make sure that Caps Lock is toggled off on the MAC before you start the VM.

4. bobbyt

bobbyt Hunter

Essentially this occurs when you suspend an image, and then toggle the caps lock key. When you resume the image, the image assumes Caps is the same as when the session was suspended... So if you suspend an image with Caps off, turn caps on, then restore the image, even though caps is on the VM assumes it's not. And the vise-versa is true, if the image is suspended with Caps on, then you turn it of & resume the image, again it will be switched...

Essentially the way I fixed it was to suspend the image, toggle the caps button, then resume & everything was normal...