Apple Bluetooth availability in Windows XP Pro Guest OS?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by kevinw, Jul 11, 2007.

1. kevinw

kevinw Hunter

I am running Parallels 3.0 build 4128 and was wondering is the Bluetooth Service on my IMAC 6.1 suppose to be available to Windows? In other words if I have a device which I am trying to sync using Bluetooth in Windows should Apple's Bluetooth be showing up in Parallels available devices?

In my case it is not.

Can it be done? If so how? Is there a way to use the Apple Bluetooth to sync a device (mobile phone) in Windows?

The desktop software which does sync now using USB has bluetooth an available option but it does not see the Apple Bluetooth.

2. jocamero

jocamero Bit poster

Anyone have any experience with this?

3. smokeonit1@mac.com

smokeonit1@mac.com Bit poster

4. brkirch

brkirch Pro

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  5. kevinw

kevinw Hunter

Okay that works but....

I use an Appple BT keyboard and mouse. So when you run the Windows Bluetooth executable and it installs the Applpe Keyboard and Mouse go away and you can operate the OS. Or am I missing something?

6. Conexus.Support

Conexus.Support Bit poster

Can anyone confirm that the above EXE file actualy works? How many ppl have had experience with this?

Would love to know as this would provide me with some many needed answers. Will test myself as soon as i have a chahce and let you know about my experiences with it.

Cheers,
    Jase

7. kevinw

kevinw Hunter

It worked to sync my BB no problems but like I said in the post, when you give windows priority on the BT all your apple BT goes away. (n my case keyboard and mouse) I do not think, most of the items (USB specifically) Windows and Parallels can share the BT connection. at least I have seen anything that shows it can.

8. Conexus.Support

Conexus.Support Bit poster

Ah i see why people are frustrated with Parallels. But people have no problem giving others a hard time, when they dont actauly have to do any of the work to make something...

There will always be issues with having TWO Operating Systems share a USB device. But i have no doubt, parallels will come up with something eventually. Thanks all, i will try this BT fix, and i assume, like USB Printing, it will be a simple matter of "Devices>USB>'disconnect/connect' USB Device (BT Dongle)"?

Cheers,
    Jase