Windows Server 2008 Network Adapter

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by timcb, Jan 3, 2008.

1. timcb

timcb Bit poster

Hi,

Is there a way to install the parallels network adapter driver in Windows Server 2008?

I've successfully installed Windows Server 2008 as a VM, but no Network Adapters are detected. I believe Windows Server sees the network adapter because in Device Manager there is an unknown ethernet controller.

Thanks,
    Tim

2. syne

syne Bit poster

Run the windows 2008 VM and login.

Then install the parallels tools off of the parallels program menu. This will install the drivers you need.

3. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

to be more accurate, run Parallels Desktop menu bar->Actions->Install Parallels Tools.

4. caxqueiroz

caxqueiroz Bit poster

how about support for integrated mouse and keyboard. I dont want to press control+alt to change focus from and to mac all the time. I am really impressed how parallels only works on regular xp crappy. That's why everyone is migrating to Fusion. +1.

5. Aaron Bratcher

Aaron Bratcher Bit poster

I'm now trying this with the latest Parallels Desktop on Mac OS X 10.6.1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows says I have no internet access. The Parallels Tools are installed. Anyone venture into this realm yet?

6. HomeAS

HomeAS Bit poster

Network Card Drivers needed !

Hi all,
    I have the same problem with the installation of the Windows SBS 2008 ...

I can't finish the Windows installation because I have the message 'Carte reseau introuvable' (=no network card detected)..... BUT...
    I can see (on the taskbar) the network card connected and shared...

If I try to install the tools, nothing is installed (I see the cdrom with prl-tools-win.iso flashing in green)

Where can I download this driver ?

Thanks for your support (Sorry for my english!) ;)
    Stephane

7. jhartmann

jhartmann Bit poster

Same exact issue here with Parallels 5 and SBS 2008. I found this article but it's for Parallels 4, not sure if it will work with the newest version.

http://kb.parallels.com/en/5808

8. PawełP

PawełP Bit poster

Hi guys,

Is Windows Server 2008 R2 supported as Guest OS in Parallels Desktop 5? I am considering upgrade and would like to know :)

Kind regards
    Pawel

9. Jeff Jeffreyson

Jeff Jeffreyson Bit poster

Did anyone solve this problem?

I am running Windows Server 2008 Standard, which has been transported from a Virtual PC image. I have installed Parallels Tools, but Windows 2008 says that no network card is present.

Attached Files: