Check for Updates fails; "your registration is invalid"

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by chcsep, Jan 30, 2008.

1. chcsep

chcsep Member

Hi,

We purchased Parallels 2.x last Feb/March 2007, and purchased the upgrade to 3.x in December 2007.

In the last few days, coherence stopped working, as have a number of other things (like copy/paste between the Windows XP, the guest OS, and the host OS, Mac OS X 10.4.11). Reinstalling Parallels tools seems to have fixed the clipboard problem, but coherence is not available.

I tried upgrading from Parallels 3.0 Build 5582, but I got the following error:

"Your registration information is invalid. No updates can be downloaded. Please contact Parallels support team at http://www.parallels.com/support.
    Click OK to return to the application."

I re-entered the activation code, and it accepted it, but the error remains.

Can someone help?

Thanks.

2. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

you should register your key on our web-site in order to use auto-update.

Best regards,
    Stacey

3. chcsep

chcsep Member

Okay, I'm a bit confused as to why I'd need to register on the website when I used the website to purchase and download the 3.0 upgrade, but I'll bite.

Where do I go to register it on the website? I don't see anything that jumps out at me.

4. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Please use this link.
    The registration is needed to simplify the problem of keys retrieval. If the customer has lost his key, we can faster find it.

Best regards,
    Stacey

5. chcsep

chcsep Member

Thanks for the help. I did that, but the error still occurs.

Specifically, I did the following (in this order):
    - Activated the product at the location you linked to
    - Re-entered the activation code in Parallels
    - Checked for updates
    - Restarted the guest OS
    - Shut down the guest OS
    - Restarted Parallels
    - Checked for updates again
    - Restarted the host OS (Mac)
    - Started Parallels
    - Checked for updates again

I appreciate your further assistance (though I may not be able to follow up on any other suggestions until tomorrow).

6. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.
    This issue occurred due to the technical problems with our web site that are likely to be fixed within a week.

In the meanwhile, please, use this direct link to download our latest build 5584 United States edition from here.

In case you are using Parallels Desktop for Mac in other localization, please wait for the localized builds to be released by next week.

Best regards,
    Stacey

7. chcsep

chcsep Member

OK, thanks again. I'll try that tomorrow and follow up if it doesn't work.

8. chcsep

chcsep Member

That appears to have done the trick, and Coherence is working again.

Thanks!