Checking for updates in build 5584 does not work

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by HZC, May 11, 2008.

1. HZC

HZC Member

Now that build 5600 (May 09, 2008) is available, I decided to check manually for updates (Help -> Check for Updates... -> Check Now...) and it says that my version of Parallels is up-to-date. This was also the case when I was at a previous build and 5584 became available.

Is this feature NOT working? Or is something wrong with my installation?

2. aeroguy

aeroguy Bit poster

Same problem -- no update from 5584 to 5600

I'm having the same issue--"Check for Updates" won't find the upgrade to Build 5600. Is the Build not yet ready for prime time?

3. ringerrr

ringerrr Bit poster

Same here. I'm using the UK version of Parallels - updates to which always seem to take longer to arrive than the US version, but have added to this thread as in the past I've had problems with "Check for Updates" detecting new UK versions of the software also.

4. JWF

JWF Bit poster

I'm also in UK. Check for Updates not working for me too with Build 5584. And my Parallels 3 serial number is not accepted to register and download Build 5600 manually.

5. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

true
    so I just downloaded the .dmg from the link in Andrew's post at http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=20945

I cloned my older VM just in case before I installed WinXp Sp3
    but it looks like I was overcautious
    both updates took time

Windows media Player 11 failed because I tried to put an english version on a Danish system from an MS email link

so the broken bits had to be uninstalled via the windows control panel in the usual way

and then through Windows update I got the latest MP 11 in danish OK

5600 demanded a Mac OS reboot before it would run
    and then the standard reinstallation of Parallels tools in WinXP sp3

all smiles so far thanks to the PD Team :)

next to delete the old clones and clone the new VM (twice)

my music here http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio3/schedule/index.shtml
    helps

regards

Hugh W

6. rkcarter

rkcarter Junior Member

Got the auto-download this morning

I never tried "Check for Updates" recently, and I see this new version has been out for a few days now. I had a message this AM that it was downloaded and waiting for me to install it, so I thought I'd report that that at least works for me eventually.

7. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Actually new version is published only yesterday.
    You can download it (US version) now.
    Other localization builds are in QA test