AutoCAD LT Cursor/Crosshair Issue

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Don, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Don

Don Bit poster

Are any AutoCAD LT users seeing thier cursor over thier cross-hairs. Normally the cursor is non-visible in the drawing window. The cursor blocks the target when the cross-hair is aimed at the target and is very annoying.

Anybody have any suggestions or fixes?

This has been an issue since at least Beta 6 and remains so with RC2.

I loaded AutoCAD LT 2005 in Winxp Pro SP2 on Parallels Fixed 20,000MB NTFS Hdd, 512MB Parallels RAM within 1GB total RAM on Intel iMac, 1600x970 screen resolution on iMac 20" screen, Mac bluetooth keyboard with bluetooth BT Mouse and everything so far seems stable and very functional and very fast.

Please fix the cursor problem before I go crazy!:)

2. tacit_one

tacit_one Pro

Try to work in other color modes (16bpp). Will it work ?

3. MtDewaholic

MtDewaholic Bit poster

I wrote a CAD program of my own that has this exact same problem when running within Parallels Desktop. I submitted a bug report for this.

4. Don

Don Bit poster

Yup, running now at 1600x970 resolution at 16 bit color and the cursor is no longer visible. Thanks tacit_one!

It's a shame that I was running the screen at 1600x970 at 24 bit and was impressed that RC2 allowed me to bump it up to 32 bit and now I am all the way down to 16 bit color because of the cursor problem. It's great to have the cursor gone though so thank you for the tip!

5. Don

Don Bit poster

AutoCAD Cursor Still Obscures Cross-hairs

Hmmm... I was wrong, at 16 bit color the cursor still is on top of the cross-hairs. I've tried a variety of cursors from simple to animated and still they all are on top of the cross-hairs. No combo gets rid of the cursor/cross-hair problem.

I'm not sure if I was just delusional from trying to work with the cursor in my way for too long and thought that it was ok before or have just gone off the deep end finally!

The mouse seems touchy and unstable in RC2 in general in this release.