Support for OS X 10.8 Preview on PDM7 (Host and Guest)

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Specimen, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

I can't stress enough how important it is to the Mac dev community to be able to test their apps on this Developer Preview now, and not when 10.8 hits retail.

As of now running Mountain Lion as Host for Parallels doesn't work out-of-the-box, there is a very interessting thread on this over here: http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=257398

As a Guest OS ML installs and runs, Parallels Tools install, but the lack of 3D acceleration makes it unusable for some tests, this is an OS (like Lion) that relies heavily on GPU, using Launchpad is a joke without 3D accel., also the lack of proper mouse/trackpad support (no multitouch, no gestures, no lateral scrolling) is damaging.
    Windows 8 preview was promptly supported as Guest, I expect the same for 10.8 preview.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  2. 87racer

87racer Member

Agreed! Maybe even only post a download link to the solution and only support it in the Apple Dev Forums so you only have to deal with real Apple Devs if thats the hold up.

3. qwerty-par

qwerty-par Junior Member

Me too. I'd expect to have some kind of ML beta for PD quite soon.

4. opusm3

opusm3 Bit poster

Would love a release to support Mountain Lion

Parallels can you comment on when a preview release that supports 10.8 will be made available?

Thanks,

5. 87racer

87racer Member

Latest update does support it and is working well.