Mouse not moving in Starcraft

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Drewsky5, May 24, 2012.

1. Drewsky5

Drewsky5 Bit poster

Hi all-

I'm not super savvy when it comes to Parallels, but I am running Windows 7 with Parallels 7 and everything installs fine. However, when I get to the main menu when I try to lock the cursor in the game window the game cursor doesn't move at all. I've gone through a bunch of the settings and different menu options, but haven't found a solution. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Am I missing something basic?

TIA

2. YanaYana

YanaYana

Can you please explain the meaning of "Locking the cursor inside the game". Do you mean you want the game to grab the mouse? And do you have Parallels Tools installed? Does it happen with only one game or with different games? Does it happen with any other application in virtual Machine? Quite a few questions, ha)

3. vitorcfv

vitorcfv Bit poster

Starcraft Broodwar issues

Hi. i'm having the same issue. with the Starcraft - Broodwar (starcraft 1)

When i start the game, and get the main menu screen, the cursor remains locked at the screen. i move the mouse and i hear the sounds of the game when the cursor reaches a game option, but the screen remains locked.

but i think that is not a mouse issue, because
    if i select an option using the keyboard shortcut (as example, S for single game) i hear the game going to the next screen, but in parallels the screen remains locked at menu screen.

sound like the screens remains stuck...

thats happening only with this game. other applications running fine.

I'm using a MBP 17'' OS X Lion 10.7.4 and Windows 7 on parallels 7

does anyone know something that could help me?

thanks!

ps: sorry about my bad english, i'm from brazil.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  4. YanaYana

YanaYana

I suggest you to contact tech support. They usually collect info if you have some particular game not working with Parallels - and fix any incompatibilities in the product itself if there are any. www.parallels.com/support/request

5. D4VIDMC

D4VIDMC Bit poster

This may be a bit late for the author, but may help other future frustrated users. However I found this to be the case too. I installed another product which I won't name, and found that it worked. However when I changed the size of the icons in screen resolution to be +130% it made star craft 2 behave in the exact same way. If I remember correctly the icons/text were bigger in parallels desktop so I'd imagine setting them to the default windows setting of smaller would make the track pad work.