More issues with the new upddate

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ezmerel2, Nov 23, 2008.

1. ezmerel2

ezmerel2 Bit poster

Ive been a user of Parallels for some time now.
    Version 3 ran fine on my MacBook Pro with 2GB with Windows Xp under bootcamp.
    After upgrading to 4 I had most of the issues already posted on the forum, including not being able to complete the parallel tools installation in windows due to mysterious restarts before completion...

I have updated to 3540 and have been able to resolve the parallel tools installation, but I keep running into intermittent loss of keyboard and mouse control of windows, as well as incredibly poor openGL operation, mainly inside 3dsmax. 3dsMax worked PERFECTLY under Parallels 3, and now just freezes my VM as soon as i try to switch a viewport inside 3dsMax to a camera viewport or when I maximize any viewport. All openGl test pass with GLview, with an average fps of 60.

I find it absolutely shameful that this new version is so full of bugs, including the update- I have been reading this forum for many days now, following absolutely every advice given by whoever is behind the scenes, seeing MANY users that are discontent with this new upgrade/update.

I need all of these problems solved SOON before I decide to take measures to ask for a refund.

thanx

2. yin_ko

yin_ko Junior Member

Grrrrrrrrrrr !!!!!

been trying all my best for a whole week now... and still looking forward to gain the performances I was used to with v.3... I ONLY use parallels to work on my autocad 2008, and since upgrading to v.4, it's a real torture !!! 20-25 minutes just to make a copy/paste !!!! EACH TIME !!!! I'm running on a Macpro with 4 cpus, and 14 Go of ram ! and still can't get to work normally... I'm actually quite angry, because we can't reverse the vm process. Just hoping someone here at parallel will hear about our complains and make something to REALLY upgrade this catastrophic version. I NEED my autocad to earn my salary, and I cannot spend hours a day waiting for the software to finish processing. I agree with other members around here: this soft should have been tested for real before teeling us to upgrade - now WE have to send feedback, hoping to get a fix.

3. yin_ko

yin_ko Junior Member

Nothing !!!!

just made the update - nothing changed for me. Copy/paste in autocad 2008 still takes hours to work. Really frustrated... to say the least !!!

4. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Could you please let me know how much memory is allocated for VM, and are there many applications are running on Mac OS side at the same time?

5. alexs

alexs Bit poster

ezmerel2, what is the exact version of your 3dsmax?

6. ezmerel2

ezmerel2 Bit poster

hmmm.
    I opened up system prefs to check my hardware profiles in XP and discovered that I had MANY devices with an exclamation mark on them -USB, KEYBOARD, floppy disk and some others.... I told them to update their drivers automatically and since then my issues apparently are resolved... 3dsMax 2008 loads faster and no more viewport issues.

glview still shows performance of 60 fps. Have not tried the copy/paste from within acad yet.

i will get back on the forum as soon as i can to let you know how everythimg goes from here with my tests.

7. yin_ko

yin_ko Junior Member

@ John: 9 gb on 14 allocated for VM - only Acad running on guest os - only iCal & mail apps running under OS X - the real symptom is a huge cpu activity while trying to copy/paste from one window to another under same autocad occurence. Guest system monitors 100% cpu usage, while Os X monitors 120% .....

8. STim

STim Bit poster

yin_ko,

Thank you. What is the object that you are copy-pasting in Acad? We are trying to reproduce the situation in-house now, and your input could help greatly.

Also, please perform Help->Report a problem, send the report and provide us the ID. The report will contain specs of your host and VM as well as some logs that also could help us greatly.

9. yin_ko

yin_ko Junior Member

Hello Tim,

just sent a report generated by PD4

thanks

10. STim

STim Bit poster

Thank you. The ID is 16709, this is for our record. We will need some time to investigate this issue.

11. wonder_mice

wonder_mice Hunter

Try to turn off (or uninstall) Parallels Internet Security if any.