Help

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by nabeel, Apr 17, 2006.

1. nabeel

nabeel Bit poster

Hi,

Just this past weekend I downloaded Parallels for Mac and made an XP VM. Everything was working fine but I guess yesterday sometime I left the Mac and Parallels running and the Mac went into sleep mode. This morning when I checked Parallels was stuck. I forced quit Parallels and now when I start it I get the following message:

Unable to lock out the configuration file /Users/me/Library/Parallels/winxp/winxp.pvs

I'll click okay then I'll get another window stating that it's unable to allocate virtual machine memory. I'll keep getting this same message if I try to start the VM.

Is there anything I can do or do I have to re-create my VM?

Thanks...

2. sgnzalez

sgnzalez Bit poster

I have same problem than you.

3. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Try to create new typical VM, go to VM configuration and attach your old virtual disk image (*.hdd).

4. nabeel

nabeel Bit poster

Not enough free disk space?

I can't create any new VM's, it's saying I don't have enough free space even though I have plenty. I went ahead and deleted the one VM I had. It's still not letting me create any new one's even though I have 56 GB available and I'm trying to use only 12 GB for the VM. It's also saying I might have to re-install Parallels workstation.

Is there way to uninstall Parallels? I don't mind reinstalling it, I just want to be sure it properly gets uninstalled before I install it again.

Please let me know... thanks.

5. hussainahm

hussainahm Member

6. nabeel

nabeel Bit poster

Well, interestingly enough... after I deleted the VM I tried to make a new one and that too didn't work. Then I decided to reboot the Mac and now it's not starting... it just stays on the gray startup screen with the Apple logo in the middle and that twirly thing going round and round. I left it like that for 15 minutes.

Unfortunately I don't know much about troubleshooting Apple's... : (