Parallels Desktop Switch to Mac 4.0 - Explorer and Image Tool don't work

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by KIRKN, Sep 13, 2009.

1. KIRKN

KIRKN Bit poster

I recently purchased my MacBook Pro and the same day I purchased Parallels Desktop Switch to Mac 4.0. After upgrading to Snow Leopard I installed Parallels Desktop Switch to Mac 4.0 and created a virtual machine using MSoft Vista Business 64.-bit. The virtual machine works fine, but if I try to launch Parallels Explorer or Image Tool I receive the message "Unable to find Parallels SDK library".

I have a trouble ticket open with support and I have done the following per their instructions. Neither of these steps has corrected the problem. I am still getting the message "Unable to find Parallels SDK library".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Un-install my 4.0.5922 version and download and install from the Parallels web-site the 4.0.3846 build.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) Launch Applications --> Utilities --> Disk Utility.

2) Select Macintosh HD on the left tab and click the "Repair Disk Permissions" button and run Repair Disk Permissions for 3 times.

3) Reboot Mac.

4) Click on the following link:

http://www.parallels.com/download/desktop/

5) Click on "Download" button and it would ask you for the Parallels account user name and password.

6) Login to Parallels account and it would download the .dmg file for installation.

7) After downloading, double click on the .dmg file and click on "Uninstall".

8) While uninstalling, select both "Applications" and "Application Settings" options and continue.

9) After uninstalling, double click on the same file and click on "Install".

****Outcome - I had to un-install the 4.0.3846 because after installing it I found that in Finder > Applications where I expected to see the Parallels Desktop icon I had a circle with a slash and when I tried to launch the product I was told that it was not viewable. So I un-installed the 4.0.3846 version and re-installed the boxed 4.0.5922 version. Luckily my PVM files still work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Un-install and Re-install the Parallels Tools to the virtual machine
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) Start Parallels Desktop and the virtual machine.

2) Navigate to option Start menu>Control Panel>Add and Remove programs and choose Parallels Tools and uninstall them completely (if you are unable to locate Parallels Tools please skip the steps and install Parallels tools using the steps provided below).

3) Now restart the virtual machine and install Parallels Tools

a) Go to devices > cd/dvd > connect image > navigate to mac hd > library> Parallels > tools > prltoolswin.iso and click on open/select to select the image file.

b) Go to start > my computer > click on cd rom or parallels tools and wait for the installation to complete.

4) Now restart the virtual machine and check the status of the issue.

****Outcome - This did not fix my problem. I still get the message "Unable to find Parallels SDK library".

Am I missing something here? Why does my brand new out of the box version indicate build 4.0.5922, but the support team and the Parallels web-site indicate 4.0.3846 is the latest build? Is it because the build for Parallels Desktop Switch to Mac 4.0 is a different build than Parallels Desktop 4.0?

Does anyone have any suggestions that might explain why the Explorer and Image Tool return this message, or how to correct this problem?

2. Andy Steven

Andy Steven Bit poster

Build Query

I am having similar problems - brand new MacBookPro less than one week old and a boxed version of Parallels Desktop 4.0 Switch to Mac version. Build version is different to that on the website which is really confusing and trying to install XP 32bit version gave lots of errors and actually a blue screen of death during the installation.

I looked at your solution, disk utility, fixing permissions uninstall, re-install, uninstall again then go back and reinstall the original. No way I am going to do that with any product.

3. Bopanna I G

Bopanna I G Hunter

Hello,

Please do the following:

1. Please install build 3846 first.
    2. Copy Image Tool, Parallels Explorer and Parallels Transporter from the Applications folder in Finder to your Desktop for example.
    3. Reinstall the build 5922 back (use the CD or the installer image if you downloaded Parallels Desktop Switch to Mac Edition from our web-site).
    4. Replace newly created Image Tool, Parallels Explorer and Parallels Transporter with ones from your Desktop.
    5. Check if they are working fine.

Kindly let me know about the result.

4. DarwinF

DarwinF Bit poster

Unable to find Parallels SDK Library

I'm also having the same issue. The Virtual Machine works fine, but the Image Image Tool and Parallels Explorer does not work and I get the error: "Unable to find Parallels SDK Library".

My MacBook Pro is less than a month old.
    I installed from a new box version of Switch to Mac.
    The build is 4.0.5922.

Please forward a solution. This is very frustrating and it should not be this difficult.

5. Bopanna I G

Bopanna I G Hunter

Hello,

you will also be able to use the same solution provided above that is:

1. Please install build 3846 first. Here is the link : http://download.parallels.com/deskt...lsDesktop-parallels-en_US-4.0.3846.436204.dmg
    2. Copy Image Tool, Parallels Explorer and Parallels Transporter from the Applications folder in Finder to your Desktop for example.
    3. Reinstall the build 5922 back (use the CD or the installer image if you downloaded Parallels Desktop Switch to Mac Edition from our web-site).
    4. Replace newly created Image Tool, Parallels Explorer and Parallels Transporter with ones from your Desktop.
    5. Check if they are working fine.

Kindly let me know about the result.

Thank you.

6. Steve H

Steve H Bit poster

I have had the same issue and today got it fixed. Basically what Tech Support is providing will do the job. If you have cd/dvd version use it to uninstall Parallels. Download build 3846 and install. It will tell you there is an update available. I disregarded and installed without any updates. Remove Image Tool, Parallel Explorer and Transporter to desktop. Uninstall build 3846 using dmg file. Reinstall version from your cd/dvd and than move desktop copies to Parallels folder to replace those listed.

When I opened the various Parallel's tools they are work fine.