Bought v10 upgrade, but discovered I need 'full'. What now?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Ben_CollinsSussman, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Ben_CollinsSussman

Ben_CollinsSussman Bit poster

I feel deceived. I'm a Parallels Desktop 7 registered user, and received an email (specifically targeted to v7 users) telling me to "upgrade to Parallels 10", so I can use OS X Yosemite. I followed the "upgrade" link, paid $50 for the upgrade, and now after installing Parallels 10, it refuses to allow me to activate the product. My "old" product key for Parallels 7 isn't working. Sure enough, when I visit the website, I find documents saying that the $50 "upgrade" is only allowed for Parallels 8 and 9 users, and that as a Parallels 7 user I need to buy the full $70 product.

Encouraging me to specifically "upgrade" over email -- when in fact I'm not allowed to -- seems like shady (and shoddy) business practices at best. Left hand please meet right hand.

Meanwhile, I've already paid $50 and have no clear way of paying the "extra" $20 for the full license. What should I be doing at this point?

2. Chee-Juan_Han

Chee-Juan_Han Bit poster

I'm in the same situation as you and came into this forum for the same reason. Part of me is thinking I should write off the upgrade cost I've already spent and not support an almost "scam" way of roping in money from their users!

I hope you/we get a proper response and a decent solution.