eComStation 2.0 Guest

Discussion in 'Other Guest OS Types Discussion' started by javor, Apr 1, 2010.

1. javor

javor Bit poster

Has anyone tried to install eCS 2.0 as a guest using PD4?

I installed RC7 Silver Release. Sound and bridge mode networking work correctly, but I have problems with USB. I added a USB controller in VM and guest OS sees it as 1 UHCI USB controller (i used \os2\hcimonit.exe to check it). I installed the appropriate support in eCS, but can only use non-partitionable USB devices such as removable USB floppy drive. I just can't seem to get any flash memory stick to work in guest OS.

So far I've tried an 8 GB NTFS flash drive and 512 GB FAT32 flash drive. Parallels Desktop registers them under Devices--USB menu, but nothing seems to happen when I try to connect them to VM. I can't discern whether it is a problem with related with Parallels Desktop 4 or eComStation 2.0 as it is (http://www.os2voice.org/VNL/past_issues/VNL0606H/feature_2.html#faq11). I also have eCS 2.0 RC7 installed on a "real" machine (HP Compaq D3D) and both of these flash drives work normally, i.e. I can read and write data.

Another question is related to Parallels Shared Folders. Is it possible to have them under eCS at all? I installed Parallels Tools for OS/2, but they seem to lack that functionality.