GAME World of tanks 8.0

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by pommis, Sep 25, 2012.

1. pommis

pommis Member

Hi
    world of tanks new 8.0 doesen`t work whit parallel.Any help?I think that i am not the only who plays this whit parallels.
    game works in bootcamp so the problem is parallels.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  2. Poledorus

Poledorus Bit poster

World of Tanks and DX11

I am having the same problem, and apparently it is general with Mac Parallels users and World of Tanks. Reportedly, WoTs is using the DX11 memory system in the latest upgrade, which apparently is not supported by Parallels. Not sure of the truth in this. All I know is that I can't get past the Garage and enter a battle without my system dropping. I can imagine there are a considerable number of people out there using Parallels to play the game -- we need a fix one way or the other.

3. pommis

pommis Member

Hi,
    iam pretty sure that parallels doent fixit before parallels 9 :)

4. MCal27

MCal27 Junior Member

Agreed. I have the same problem. WOT is the only game I play.. very upset about this. However WOT should have given a technical warning about what they were doing imo...
    We only just have DX10 support in parallels, so I'm positive we wont see DX11 in PD8.... So we either run a Bootcamp system for WOT or we buy a separate PC..both inelegant solutions. I don't see how we can blame Parallels for this. It is a VM afterall and what they have achieved thus far is remarkable..

Al.

5. EmmanuelQ

EmmanuelQ Bit poster

Disappointed

I'm in the same situation with WOT.

At the end of the day, a virtual machine is supposed be able to run ALL the apps, not only some of them.
    I don't care about DX10 or DX11: this is not my job, it's their!

I can understand it could take some time to create a patch to fix it, or pay for a rapid update if necessary, but it should be not acceptable to be unable to run an app.

Here, it's a game, also it's not so critical, but if I can't trust in Parallels to run PC programs, why should I invest in buying and updating it with no guarantee ?

I hope Parallels will understand this point of view or they should lost 2 future license updates from me and probably much more from other users...

6. MCal27

MCal27 Junior Member

Fwiw i just did a quick bootcamp install which has gotten WOT running again.

Hope you can do the same guys.

Al

7. MP07481

MP07481 Bit poster

Did you have to delete Parallels from your Mac to install Bootcamp.

8. MCal27

MCal27 Junior Member

Nope. As Parallels just uses a Disk Image, Bootcamp is a totally separate entity unless you then tell Parallels to use the Bootcamp partition as another VM.

Al.

9. MP07481

MP07481 Bit poster

Thanks for the Quick reply!

10. MP07481

MP07481 Bit poster

What website did you download bootcamp from?

Will I need to redownload WOT game on the bootcamp side?

or

Can I leave the icon on the Parallels side and WOT will automatically load through Bootcamp?

11. MCal27

MCal27 Junior Member

Bootcamp's already part of OSX. Look in utilities folder and you'll see bootcamp assistant. All you need is a copy of windows and some free Hard Drive space... minimum around 30 Gb I'd say.
    The assistant partitions your hard drive then installs windows from either DVD or an Iso image.

You obviously then need to reboot to go into windows and back to OSX, but something like Boot Runner ( http://www.twocanoes.com/boot-runner ) from twocanoes can make this a little less painful.. Couldn't do without my WOT fix any longer lol!!

Al.

12. MCal27

MCal27 Junior Member

Sorry missed part of your question.. Yes you will need to DL WOT again then just login with your account. Your essentially turning your lovely Mac into a PC :-( But hey guys like us need WOT!!! lol

Al.

13. MP07481

MP07481 Bit poster

So close!!!!

Having to troubleshoot Dixect x now

When I start the game and hit play on WOT I get a message saying directX is not installed or not turned-on.

I installed Direct X 11 and I am still getting same message.

Any thoughts on this one?

Have followed you thus far and everything has been right on the mark, I hope you have some guidance with this.

Thanks

MP

14. MCal27

MCal27 Junior Member

Hi. What model Mac are you running this on plz? be specific as poss.... need to know which Graphics card you have in there...

Al.

15. juzci

juzci Guest

Hi all,
    thank you for letting us know, we're investigating the problem.

Regards,
    Hanna

16. MCal27

MCal27 Junior Member

Thanks Hanna. It sure is painful having to reboot the Mac just to play WOT. The problem is with all the wargaming.net games too (I'm a beta tester on WOP).

Thanks again.

Al.

17. juzci

juzci Guest

So our fix will fix all the games, I believe.

Regards,
    Hanna

18. MCal27

MCal27 Junior Member

That would be a logical conclusion :)

If you need a beta tester ?

Al.

19. juzci

juzci Guest

Will let you know immediately, thank you :)

20. pommis

pommis Member

Wow this is better than christmas :)