Parallels Desktop 10.1.0 and OS X 10.9.5: Unable to start Parallels services (15381)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Luciano_Couto, Oct 18, 2014.

?

Have you had the same problem with Parallels 10?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Luciano_Couto

Luciano_Couto Bit poster

Hi,
    I've just downloaded a trial copy of Parallels Desktop 10.1.0 and installed it on my mac running OS X 10.9.5. But when I try to run Parallels I get the following error message: Unable to start Parallels services
    [​IMG]
    The solution from the link does not help at all, it just says to update to the latest version of Parallels 9!!! It the any solution for this, please?

2. Roman_Rafaj

Roman_Rafaj Bit poster

I have same problem, update from version 9 to 10, OS X 10.10 Yosemite final version, Parallels ParallelsDesktop-10.1.0-28600. I tried unninstall, restart, install again, same problem.

3. John_Anderson

John_Anderson Bit poster

Exactly same problem here. Worked fine in OS X 10.5 but the error 15381 occurs in OS X 10.10. Asked me to reinstall PD10 (build 27712) and when I do it says there's a newer version available (build 28600). When I click the link to download and install the new version, nothing happens. Going around in circles here; need a solution please.

4. John_Anderson

John_Anderson Bit poster

........and I forgot to add boot time to sign in on my rMBP (mid 2014) increased from 25 to 85 seconds after the futile exercise with PD10. Response from apps is also much slower. Probably will restore my OS X 10.5 backup until a solution is available for OS X 10.10.

5. John_Anderson

John_Anderson Bit poster

I assume yesterday's difficulties were the result of the following. Originally I had OS X 10.10 installed on a second HD partition, dual booting with OS X 10.9. After about a week I decided I would switch to 10.10 permanently. The 10.10 core storage volume was reverted to HSF+ format and its data, block-copied to the 10.9 partition. The now "Empty" 10.10 partition was erased and the original 10.9 partition expanded. After a re-boot everything appeared to be good except PD10 would not start. The subsequent pop-ups requesting I update PD10 lead to a PD9 link (?) and then to a PD10 link which was "Dead".

Today, HDD was wiped and an OS X 10.9 image was restored. Everything worked well including PD10. PD10 then popped up asking to install update 28600 which I accepted. A few seconds later the update completed and PD10 continued to work well. I then installed OS X 10.10 over top of 10.9 and so far everything is fine and boot times are back where they were originally (20-25 sec).

I have used MS operating systems exclusively since the DOS/Windows 3.1 days and could never understand the attraction of the Mac. So now I'm about one month into the OS X learning curve and so far very impressed with this elegant operating system. What made the difference was the availability of Parallels to run OS X and Windows concurrently, to use one accounting program which is not available for OS X.

6. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi all,
    Please update Parallels Desktop 10 as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/111603 and check how it goes.
    Feel free to reach, if you need any further assistance. We're here to help you.