Parallels Desktop 9 crash on OS X 10.9.5 13F18

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by HongleiW, Aug 20, 2014.

1. HongleiW

HongleiW Bit poster

After I upgraded OS X 10.9.5 to build 13F18, Parallels Desktop 9 crash at startup every time.
    Problem ID 15381 (Same one as on 10.10 DP6).

I tried fix disk permission.
    I tried reinstall PD 9 (9.0.24237.1028877).
    I tried the script which will fix this problem on 10.10 DP6.

It still cannot startup.

I have submitted a problem report as id 48891436.

2. HongleiW

HongleiW Bit poster

I bought a Parallels Desktop 10 and this problem is solved.
    But, I think it should be solved to users who will continue use PD 9 on OSX 10.9.5 , too.

3. GraemeI

GraemeI Bit poster

I have the same issue Parallels Desktop 9 on OS X 10.9.5 (13F18) does not start (fails to start Parallels Desktop Serives). I have tried the disk repair fix/reinstall, etc. Downgrading to PD 8.0 works. Upgrade to 9 and it stops starting again. I'm fairly new to PD 9 so I don't want to upgrade again to 10.

4. Eugene@Parallels

Eugene@Parallels Banned

Hello,

We are aware of the issue and it is under investigation.

Parallels Desktop 10 does not have this issue. So if somebody wants to try it: http://kb.parallels.com/en/122644

5. Michael-H

Michael-H Bit poster

I tried to update to PD10 (since using PD9 on 10.9.5 doesn't work) but PD is always telling me fetching the trial key isn't possible. Is there everything right with your licensing system, because I checked my network connection and firewall settings and there is everything right!

Screenshot of error message

6. GraemeI

GraemeI Bit poster

I get the same error message. I can sign in but when I press the Get Trial button I receive the error "Unable to get trial key". I tried creating a new account with a different email address - same error. I am unable to active PD10. For now I have been forced to revert back to PD 8.

7. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi All,
    This issue has been fixed in the latest update. Please see this article for more details.

8. John_Chapman

John_Chapman Bit poster

I am having this problem still with the latest Parallels 9 or 10. I have 0S X 10.9.5 build 13F34.
    Thanks,
    John

9. Manoj@Parallels

Manoj@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hello John_Chapman,
    Please uninstall Parallels Desktop using PDRemove.zip as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/122653
    Note : It will remove Parallels Desktop (any version from 7 to 10) with all its cache and system files (except of licensing information). Your virtual machines won't be affected (if they are stored as usual within /Users/[username]/ directory).
    To get latest build of Parallels Desktop on your Mac, please follow the instructions given at http://kb.parallels.com/111603 and check how it works.