PD10 and Yosemite: Maximize vs Full Screen

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by iduff, Oct 20, 2014.

1. iduff

iduff Product Expert

OS X 10.10, PD 10.0.2 (27712).

When I press the little green circle in the top left of the Parallels Desktop window, expecting it to maximize that window, instead it sets Parallels to Full Screen, which is not what I wanted, nor what I asked it to do. There is an explicit "Enter Full Screen" menu command that I could use if I wanted. I want to maximize the window, not go Full Screen.

I've searched the forums (fora?) to no avail, as well as surfed the menus, also to no avail. Has anyone else run into this, as in, 1) is it as Parallels intended, and if so, how do I instruct/configure it to do otherwise, or 2) is this "feature" unique to me, and I should report it to Parallels?

2. Kirk_Gray

Kirk_Gray Bit poster

This is not a bug in Parallels -- It's the new standard behavior in Yosemite.

3. iduff

iduff Product Expert

@Kirk_Gray, thanks.

Everyone else, you can overcome this, should you choose to be a Troglodyte/Luddite like me, by holding down the "option" key while pressing the little green circle button (officially called the "Zoom" button, I think).