Possible Fix for Missing XP Audio!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by cbpeaches, Jan 11, 2009.

1. kallopissoy

kallopissoy Bit poster

Thank you very much!

After spending a lot of time trying to solve this I found your post and followed your instructions, it worked perfectly.
    I really appreciate your help; I was frustrated, and it's very important to me.

Again, thank you!

2. jlcotton1968

jlcotton1968 Bit poster

Np

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

3. Blake Petersen

Blake Petersen Bit poster

Worked Great

Pandora and Jango were crashing my browsers so I figured perhaps the fact that i didnt have an audio controller installed was probably playing a role in this. Within 10 minutes, i had everything worked out and i am glad to say, pandora and jango are both rocking my socks. thanks

4. Monica Cortada

Monica Cortada Bit poster

Worked for me! Thank you very much.

5. Limpoe limpoe

Limpoe limpoe Bit poster

Beautiful !! Thanks !
    Suggestion: Include links to this message in the other unresolved threads.
    I found it through Google instead of the Parallels Support.

6. Travis Johnson

Travis Johnson Bit poster

Fantastic!

hey thanks so much man been foolin with this for 3 days straight! fixed it in 2 mins thanks alot !

7. Juan Motta

Juan Motta Bit poster

It worked for me!!!

Thanks!! Your the best!!!

8. Jeroen Hartings

Jeroen Hartings Bit poster

Works!

This works great. Tried two other guides (which means two other drivers) before I found this, with no success. Finally I've got sound up and running in Parallels!

Thanks!

9. hamishmcgee

hamishmcgee Bit poster

Thanks a lot, this worked perfectly! I was so needing this!

10. Harsha Jayamanne

Harsha Jayamanne Bit poster

Oh Thanks a lot worked like a charm !

11. Jonathan Floyd

Jonathan Floyd Bit poster

Worked like a champ, thanks.

12. dan wicker

dan wicker Bit poster

I am having this similar problem, as there is no Intel driver listed. It just says 'multimedia audio controller' as well.

13. gantte

gantte Bit poster

This worked for me with Windows 7 (build 7100)
    Thanks!

14. Ross Smith

Ross Smith Bit poster

This worked like a charm. Windows XP SP3. It didn't even ask for the OS disc. Thanks so much!

15. Allan D.

Allan D. Bit poster

And it did not work with Win7 64bit on my imac 24"

16. shane lee

shane lee Bit poster

if you get a multimedia audio controller with an exclamation in device manager and no intel bam whatever yet, that means you need to uninstall through control panel parallel tools, then back to device manager, and put the windows cd in and it should be able to change multimedia audio control to intel whatever, and then you can run the driver update if still needed.

17. Kali Upps

Kali Upps Bit poster

cbpeaches instructions worked for me. Thanks a million!

18. Ian Davis

Ian Davis Bit poster

different initial driver

this fix worked great for me!! thanks! the only thing was, my initial question mark showed up next to the "multimedia audio controller" so i just followed the instructions to update that, using the same driver you provided. worked great! just wanted to pass along my slight difference, in case there were any others out there getting confused from the start because the didn't have the right file...

19. fuck nuts

fuck nuts Bit poster

After 5+ hours of trying to figure this out, cbpeaches first post fixed my problem completely. Thank you so much!

To parallels support: Thanks for nothing but being mind numbingly incompetent regarding this and other issues. This is an interesting VM product for its intent of tight integration with the host OS etc. But in many ways, it's worse than free, open source or cheaper (if you count support costs of time spent!) competing products. I'm currently a very disheartened customer. Earn my money. Do better. Maybe offer cbpeaches some contract work to put your support team in shape!

20. Stig RunarS

Stig RunarS Bit poster

----------

Do as in the first post. IT WORKS! Finally I can play Monkey Island 3!