RHEL 6 on Parallels Desktop?

Discussion in 'Linux Guest OS Discussion' started by Stefan Lisowski, Apr 18, 2012.

1. I'm trying to install Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2 on Parallels Desktop for Windows. I'm running the latest version of Windows Parallels (4).

Has anyone done this successfully? I tried the .isos from Redhat: rhel-server-6.2-x86_64-boot.iso, rhel-server-6.2-x86_64-dvd.iso and for good measure I tried v5 -- rhel-server-5.8-x86_64-disc1.iso, but I couldn't get any of these to boot up when I connect the CD drive to the .iso.

"Trying to boot from CD-ROM drive... failed."

I tried burning rhel-server-6.2-x86_64-boot.iso to an actual CD, but same result when I connect that.

My host machine is 64 bit, and I have a 64 bit Windows 7 VM running, along with various other VMs.

- Stefan
  2. I'd thought I was using the latest Parallels, but I was only using the latest Parallels Desktop, not the latest Parallels for Windows, which is Parallels Workstation. Now that I paid for the new version and I'm using Parallels Workstation, RHEL 6.2 installed just fine from the dvd iso.
  3. Nice to see see you solve the issue.

Thanks text-smiley.png
  4. Valeria M

Valeria M Banned

I appreciate your intelligence, you easily solve the problem.