Update from older Parallels 10 to latest Parallels 10, Quicken no longer functioning

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Lawrence_Winkler, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Lawrence_Winkler

Lawrence_Winkler Bit poster

I recently upgraded to Yosemite. I had been using Parallels 10 already under Mavericks. When running Windows 7 for the first time since upgrading to Yosemite, Parallels 10 indicated a newer version of Parallels 10 was available, and so I allowed the upgrade to continue including updating the tools.

After doing so, Quicken 2014 Home and Business, which I had been using for months, stopped working. Parallels + Windows 7 is now virtually useless, since the execution speed is such that it takes 5 to 10 minutes for an application to begin. Second and most important now is Quicken comes up and is unable to find the its datafile. A screen pops up to ask which file I want to use (with options to recover from a CD backup or start a new quicken file). I choose to file the file I had been working with, which is in a Mac/Windows shared directory. However, Quicken has hung. I let it run for 15 to 20 minutes to see if it can recover. It doesn't. Under task manager, Windows says Quicken is not responding. I end the task. I have uninstalled Quicken and reinstalled it, but Quicken behaves the same as indicated above.

I have installed QuickenConverter into Windows 7 to dump the Quicken datafile into a format which can be read by Quicken Essentials for Mac (giving up on Quicken under Windows). The Converter program indicates the datafile cannot be accessed because it is read only.

I'm stuck.