Windows/Mac Running extremely slow, address book sync

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by shortychair, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Briefly, every time that "address book sync" becomes active on the Mac side, the computer on both the Mac and the Windows side becomes incredibly slow, almost usable. If I disable the "address book sync" through the activity monitor (force quit), the computer on both the Mac and Windows side restores to normal speed. I have 4 CPU's on this MAc book pro and i have configured parallels to 2 for the Mac side and 2 for the Windows side. I have also allocated 2GB of memory to the Windows 7 side which is within the recommended range of 512MB to 4GB (Maximum memory is 16BG).

I have also noticed in "activity monitor" that the process name "prl_vm_app" can run as high as 200% of cpu usage and vary anywhere from its current level whilst writing this email of 5% upwards. This does not however seem to affect the speed of the computer and again this is being caused by "address book sync". For information I am running Outlook on the windows side and using "contacts" and this is also being replicated on the mac side in "contacts". Whenever I update or enter a new contact in the windows side (Contacts in outlook) then address book sync starts shortly after on the Mac side and the computer slows considerably.

I have iCloud working on the mac side and windows side syncing my contacts calendar etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions?