Poor sound quality with Jabra GN 5035 USB headset...

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AKazak, Jul 1, 2008.

1. AKazak

AKazak Member

Hallo!

Here is the info about the headset:

http://www.jabra.com/sites/Jabra/GN...5/Documents/Datasheet/GN5035_DS_EM_EN_214.pdf
    http://www.jabra.com/sites/jabra/uk-uk/support/pages/jabragn5035.aspx

I have successfully connected Jabra GN 5035 USB headset to guest Windows XP. However I'm experiencing poor quality while playing and recording sounds through the headset: the sound is full of pops and crackles, the digital kind vinyl like noise...

Can you help me please to solve the problem?...

Type of computer: MacBook Air
    Host OS: Mac OS X 10.5.4 Leopard
    Parallels Desktop for Mac 3, Build 5608
    Guest OS/Remote OS: Windows XP Professional SP2

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Please perform following:
    Make sure that they recognized in Mac OS,
    In configuration editor- Sound for input and output select those devices

3. AKazak

AKazak Member

I don't use it in host Mac OS...
    I connect the headset after guest Windows XP complete to load, to I attach it directly to guest OS virtual USB port.

4. John@Parallels

Please try my suggestion

5. AKazak

AKazak Member

I've Enabled virtual Parallels Desktop sound adapter and choosen my USB headset from the list. The quality of both playback and record in this case is normal!

But, I use specific software under guest Windows XP, which does input and output sound only and directly to my USB headset. It doesn't even startup if it sees standard virtual Parallels sound adapter... So I vitally need to establish a good looseless input and output data stream from guest Windows XP through virtual USB adapter to my headset?

What is your suggestion in this case?

6. AKazak

AKazak Member

Any news on the problem?

7. John@Parallels

I suppose you can try following.
    Sound poor quality can be result of high CPU load, try to use headsets when you are not running software on Mac OS side, also try to use them when VM is in Single Window mode

8. stewarsh

stewarsh Member

I am not having a similar problem with the GN 2000 USB headset. It was working perfectly before my recent upgrade to Snow Leporad, but now when the headset is used as a source there is a large amount of "popps and static" on the output side. I have also tried upgrading to the newest build of parallels. And the headset works normally in OS X. And no there is not a significant CPU load.