Can't change # of CPU's, memory or video memory, why?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by WilliamJ, Sep 8, 2009.

1. WilliamJ

WilliamJ Bit poster

I just downloaded (yesterday) the trial version but can't change the number of CPU's, memory or video memory. It is grayed out. Is this a limitation of the trail or what am I doing wrong?

[​IMG]

2. VBR

VBR Member

Hello,

Make sure that you have stopped the virtual machine when you want to make any changes in the configuration.

3. WilliamJ

WilliamJ Bit poster

I tried suspending first but not stop. I did use the stop command right after I installed Parallels but could not restart (all commands grayed out except Stop) the VM no matter what I did. So I had to convert a new version. I'm a little apprehensive about hitting stop again since it would not restart last time. What is the correct procedure to use Stop?

4. Anupama A

Anupama A Pro

Hello,

To stop a virtual machine you should click on Virtual Machine (on the top menu bar) -> Stop.

You will not face any issues if you stop the virtual machine. Next time if you face any issue when you click on stop then just uninstall and reinstall Parallels Desktop using the.dmg file and install Parallels Tools.