Getting blue screen after updating Parallels Desktop to new build 15094

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by shiraj.s, Apr 17, 2012.

1. shiraj.s

shiraj.s Guest

Prior to latest Parallels patch, World of Tanks (WOT) played fine but with very low FPS (6-15 max).
    After patch I was impressed that WOT now played at 40-80 FPS, but after 1 or 2 minutes in a match, the VM BSOD's pointing to prl_vadd.dll as the possible issue.

This is a plain XP VM with updated patches. Version of WOT is 7.2 #13

Basically the game is now unplayable

All the other applications in Windows are working fine but only this particular application when launched after 30 seconds gets a blue screen error.

2. Deep Thought

Deep Thought Bit poster

I am having exact the same problem.
    My VM is also a plain, patched Windows XP. I use it for playing Eve Online.

After updating to version 15094 Eve Online crashes within 5 seconds to 1 minute (Bluescreen).
    Eve Online runs well with version 15055 of Parallels Desktop 7.

3. Ryan Farmer

Ryan Farmer Bit poster

also

yep, specifically in Eve when I click on the "Fitting" button, it blue screens.
    Also in Aion, as soon as I log in, blue screen!

What's up with something in the graphics? Oh and I can't get support either from parallels. gotta love that!

4. IntercollegiateA

IntercollegiateA Bit poster

and another example

I am having the same BSOD issue after updating, my game of choice is Champions Online, now I can't play, it crashes after a minute or so of play. I have upped my XP memory allocation to 3Gig in an attempt to alleviate the issue, and have even tried playing the game in the game's "safe mode", no change to it's stability.

5. BjornB

BjornB Bit poster

Ah ok, i am not the only one. noticed exactly the same. I can upload the dump if needed. Parallels support, anything you need to troubleshoot this?

Thanks
    Bjorn.

6. BjornB

BjornB Bit poster

it seems windows is not bsod'ing when running in native resolution. In other words choose any resolution that windows offers and you should be fine.

7. DanaK

DanaK Junior Member

BSOD - EvE

I am also getting a BSOD when i open the fitting window in EvE online. Version 6, never gave me any issues, too bad we can't fall back. I still have the DMG file I should just rebuild under 6 not upgrade and check out VMWare Fusion.

8. DanaK

DanaK Junior Member

i tried it in 4 different native resolutions: 1024x768, up to 1600x1200 all lead to a BSOD soon as I hit the fitting windows on EvE...

Going to rebuild on 6 and get VMware Fusion.

9. aereinha

aereinha Bit poster

I have the exact same problem now. This needs to be addressed.

10. DanaK

DanaK Junior Member

Has anyone tried going back to the base version of Parallels 7.0 before any updates to see if they are still getting issues?

I have tried EvE on Windows 7 32 bit without any BSODs. Maybe the patch changed something with a video memory address area that XP doesn't have. So when it tries to hit the address it gives a fatal crash.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  11. Deep Thought

Deep Thought Bit poster

After having massive BSOD issues with version 15094 while running Eve Online I downgraded my Parallels Desktop 7 to version 15055.
    The game runs without problems in version 15055.

12. GaloPT

GaloPT Bit poster

Just to bump this issue, I'm having this same problem with NBA 2k12.

Is there a solution for this yet ? How can I downgrade to an older build, I've tried looking everywhere but can't find this.

Last edited: May 22, 2012
  13. Deep Thought

Deep Thought Bit poster

I kept the installtion dmg-file of version 15055. I only had to run the installer again for downgrading.

14. VinceCamm

VinceCamm Bit poster

Same problem Tacx Virtual Bike Trainer

I have the same BSOD after a few minutes into virtual workout. Tried to send report. No go. Tried support website.
    No go. Why do they make it impossible to contact them?

I reinstalled the program, the parallels tools, cleaned the registry, cleaned the tmp files and still it crashes.

I just wish they would allow us access to the previous version 15055.

15. GeorgV

GeorgV Bit poster

seems ok now with Build 7.0.15098

Hi!

I've had the same problems. Updated to 15098 and the BSODs are gone.

Best,

Geo

16. GeorgV

GeorgV Bit poster

I have to take back that statement. Played a little bit longer and got the BSOD with prl_vadd.dll error :-(((

17. graukatze

graukatze Bit poster

crashes with XP, ok with Win7

Hi!

I have the same error with Windows XP, but no problems when using a Windows 7 VM (64bit) on the same computer.

18. VinceCamm

VinceCamm Bit poster

I had to downgrade to the last version that I saved as a .dmg- 7.0.14924.699487.
    And that still works. Tech support would not give me access to the version I
    really wanted 7.0.15055.740667. That was the last known version to not have this
    bug. I guess is could be a 32 bit vs 64 bit bug.

19. Deep Thought

Deep Thought Bit poster

20. VinceCamm

VinceCamm Bit poster

It worked

I replaced the driver with the previous one and everything is a-ok. I hope when the next version comes out the engineers fix this. I hope its a bug and not a compromise for new versions of software and OS's. I am really concerned with ML on the way, that this doesn't come back to haunt us. Hate to be left not upgrading because of Parallels. Thanks TanPham & Deep Thought for pointing this out.