Windows will not pop to the front or top on a mouse click in Parallels Desktop 7

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by CristianL, Jul 26, 2012.

1. ekimneems

ekimneems Junior Member

This is honestly the worst customer service I have experienced in a long time. I am going to make sure to submit this as a tip to Gizmodo, The Verge, Engadget, and whoever else might care to cover it. I suggest you all do the same so maybe Parallels will take notice!

2. Dave01

Dave01 Bit poster

Hi Danlor, im still having the problem, it´s impossible to change between the opened windows as usually ;-(

Anybody solved it?.
    Thanks.

3. YanaYana

YanaYana

Thanks everyone who submitted reports.

ekimneems, forum is not official support stream, people discuss issues here and suggest solutions. If you need Parallels support, please go to www.parallels.com/support

4. ekimneems

ekimneems Junior Member

I'm sorry, I misspoke. I meant product support. Obviously the dev team is aware of the issue. Many here have submitted support claims, including myself. Months to fix something like this is by any standard completely unacceptable.

5. AlainH

AlainH Junior Member

Has anyone had any luck in resolving this issue in PD7 yet?

6. AlainH

AlainH Junior Member

Still no solution in sight, I see.

Coherence is a major feature of the product - why is this issue not receiving any attention?

7. FlorianN

FlorianN Bit poster

I have the same problem. I already sent in an error-report and opened a ticket, but I only got some stupid answers from the support that had absolutly no context with the described problem.

The problem appears on a MacBook Air (newest gen) with mountain lion but not on a Retina MacBook Pro.

8. reedmj

reedmj Member

Another month has passed and this is still not fixed.

Parallels, you should be embarrassed. Coherence is completely unusable.

9. Richard3

Richard3 Member

It me it seem a bit worse, for example while using Outlook and you have multiple emails all of a sudden you are looking at one message but really the mouse is clicking on the one right behind it. Then you have to go through closing/lower any darn window you can find to pop the message back to full control (or exit out of coherence mode).

i find it very odd there have been, what 3 releases since this was reported and not a freaking work. at this point it appears they have no clue how to fixed it or or worse just do not care.

10. MPH400

MPH400 Bit poster

they should rename it incoherence

It boggles my mind that this is still an issue. If you search the web for reviews or ratings of parallels, you'll get nothing but rave reviews. How much better it performs than the competition, etc.

11. GWitek

GWitek Bit poster

I too have received lame answers from an official support ticket. Not that is going to help, but I have some additional facts to share.

I ran Parallels 7 on a Mac Pro and a MacBook Pro (both with Windows 7 clients) daily and intensely with zero problems. This exact problem of "click on a Windows window but the current window does not come to the top", in hindsight, began with Parallels 8. And now it exists on both the Mac Pro and my new MacBook Pro Retina in both Windows 7 and Windows 8 clients. Going backward would be a nightmare. It's more than a nuisance. It is flat out dangerous to someone who moves fast, runs a lot of open apps, and use keyboard commands (that are now running IN THE WRONG WINDOW!). Absolutely maddening.

12. David Horton

David Horton Bit poster

Moved to Fusion

After waiting for months for this to be fixed, I have given up and moved to Fusion.

13. reedmj

reedmj Member

Do something, say something, acknowledge the problem!!!!

14. Dave01

Dave01 Bit poster

Yes please!
    This is a BIG problem, and it´s a pain in the neck to work like this...

15. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi All,

We are aware that this is an issue for many users but we do not have an anticipated fix at this point in time. We understand this is an issue for some users on the previous version of Parallels Desktop for Mac and will post any updates we receive.

16. reedmj

reedmj Member

Andrew,

The issue appears on both Parallels 7 and Parallels 8 for anyone using Mountain Lion. You might as well just disable Coherence for ML users, it's completely unusable with both versions in ML.

17. Andrew@Parallels

This issue is present in Parallels Desktop 7 only. If you still have it in version 8, please open up a separate thread for it and PM me the link as it's not supposed to be there.

18. reedmj

reedmj Member

That is not true, I'm using PD8 and its extremely present, as others have mentioned in this thread I believe.

19. Dave01

Dave01 Bit poster

As reedmj said, it´s an issue of both version.

So i hope the parallels team is not trying to make the people change to PD8 by avoiding to solve this problem...

20. Andrew@Parallels

Those who have this issue in PD8 - please send me the problem report IDs: Help > Report a Problem (post it here). This issue is gone in ver. 8 and it's certainly some custom misconfiguration in the VM.