3ds max stuck on "Initializing"

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by TorstenB, May 15, 2012.

1. TorstenB

TorstenB Bit poster

Hi,
    I'm unable to get 3ds Max working in Parallels on my iMac (3.1 GHz i5 / Mid 2007). I tried every version from 3ds max 2010 to 2013, it always shows the same behavior: Stuck on Splash Screen with "Initializing 3ds max".

I can't change the driver configuration for 3ds max because the "change driver.." application is also stuck on initialization.

One strange behavior I like to add:
    I got 3ds max working via boot camp. But after I added the boot camp partition to parallels, 3ds max (on the boot camp partition) did not work either in parallels nor in normal boot camp.

Thanks in advance

2. AhmetU

AhmetU Bit poster

I am having the same problem. Is anybody else have an answer?

3. BerndBr

BerndBr Bit poster

I have exatly the same problem. 3Ds Max 2013 does not work anymore. Even if i boot up windows with Bootcamp. I need quick help, I am loosing much money if i can not work anymore. Reinstalling 3Ds or even Windows is NOT a option.

What exactly did Paralles change on my Windows partition?

4. BerndBr

BerndBr Bit poster

can someone please help? my boss is killing me when he realizes that 3dsmax is not running.

5. MikeOwen

MikeOwen Bit poster

Has this been fixed yet?

6. MikeOwen

MikeOwen Bit poster

Unfortunately, several months later and I'm still waiting for Parallels to release a fix to this outstanding issue.
    No new builds of Parallels Desktop for the Mac for months now....
    What's going on???!!

7. hansbizarre

hansbizarre Bit poster

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE HELP US!
    Has someone discovered the solution to this? I've tried EVERYTHING to get 3ds Max to work in Parallels with no success. And it DID work before! What happened?

8. MikeOwen

MikeOwen Bit poster

Parallels Tech Support spent a couple of hours fiddling with my MBP OSX machine to no avail. It was recommended to start a fresh with a newly installed OS and re-install all software again, including 3dsMax to see if this resolved the issue. I lost confidence in Parallels due to this critical issue so I switched to VMWare Fusion, built up a new OS VM and all versions of 3dsMax from 2009 to the latest 2014 are working just fine for the last few months. I should add that Parallels was running fine with 3dsMax up until I upgraded Parallels Desktop for Mac to the latest version, then everything went bad...YMMV.

9. hansbizarre

hansbizarre Bit poster

FIX?
    To anyone still struggling with this, I've managed to get 3ds max working again simply by creating a new Virtual Machine and then reinstalling Windows and 3ds max. (This is with Parallels Desktop 7.0.15106.786747 running 3ds Max 2010 64bit - I haven't tried it with later versions of Parallels or 3ds max). Perhaps after upgrading to Mountain Lion it's necessary to recreate your Virtual Machine in order to use 3ds max? - I'm not sure - but this worked for me.

10. TorstenB

TorstenB Bit poster

So now, two and a half years later, I gave the newest version of parallels another try with the newest version of 3ds max. And what do you expect? Exactly:
    NOTHING HAS CHANGED!
    It's very disappointing.

11. GreenDayBoyNo1

GreenDayBoyNo1 Bit poster

First of all i'd like to start with saying i made an account just to help you guys out and i will probably never use it again....
    And secondly i had exactly the same problem though this is the first link i clicked on. Although there wasn't an answer i had the idea that if i was to go to The programs and features option in control panel of windows that i could reinstall it so i did that and when i found 3ds max i double clicked and it gave me the option to either; Uninstall, Reinstall or Repair. I Decided to click repair and because i had only just installed it, It finsihed in about 10 seconds. I Relaunched 3DS Max and it launched almost straight away.
    Just incase you didn't know, Repairing 3DS Max resets it to it's default state.

Hope i helped :)