Great App! Questions: Will work in a VM? Android version?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by luloca, Aug 28, 2013.

1. luloca

luloca Bit poster

Hi! I have been trying Access this morning and it's working very well. Congratulations. I have 2 questions:

1. I try to install into a Parallels VM (Windows 7) and it says at the moment it's not supported. Is it in the roadmap?

2. Android version in the future?

Thanks!.

2. WaltKi

WaltKi Bit poster

VM access to Windows 8 from iMac works well however haven't figured out how to get back to start screen from desktop view.

3. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

I think you're supposed to access the virtual machine by connecting to your Mac. There's a forum for Parallels Access and Parallels Desktop at http://forum.parallels.com/forumdisplay.php?723-Parallels-Access-and-Parallels-Desktop-for-Mac

Try one of the suggestions at:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/zxue/archiv...to-1-switch-between-metro-ui-and-desktop.aspx
    You can use Mouse Pointer mode to access the Charms Menu or use the keyboard shortcut.

To get the Windows key to work stand-alone (without pressing another key with it) try tapping the command key button on the Parallels Access keyboard rapidly 3 or 4 times.

4. WaltKi

WaltKi Bit poster

Thanks I just figured out that you can get it with your finger but the Mouse Pointer is more precise. I will have to try the Command key technique to see if it works for me.

5. lotw

lotw Product Expert

They have options to use a mouse like pointer in Access. I have used it a few times to stop the selecting of screen elements as text selections.

On the Android front, I don't think they will release it there. When I asked a few times about that when I was thinking of switching to an Android phone for the Parallels Mobile app got no answer or a no from them. Androids fragmentation scares a lot of devs away from the platform. What version of the OS to write for and what screen sizes, lots to consider where Apple took a lot of the work out of that problem.

6. Chris@Parallels

Chris@Parallels Hunter

I am glad you are all enjoying Parallels Access - as for the road map, our Development team is always working on ways to improve and expand the product. Comments like all the ones above, help us with direction and your feedback is shared with Developers, who are also actively participating in the Forums.

Thanks All!
    Chris