BT Keyboard on iPad

Discussion in 'Parallels Access and Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by WaltKi, Aug 28, 2013.

1. WaltKi

WaltKi Bit poster

I am using a BT Keyboard with my iPad and found that many apps don't see the BT Keyboard and when you push the keyboard icon on the ipad it just shows you the top row of keys. Anybody else experiencing this?

2. lotw

lotw Product Expert

I experienced that when I used to have a BT keyboard with their now dead Parallels Mobile app, so I guess they still never fixed that bug.

3. Hi,

Thanks for reporting this! Could you please let us know the manufacturer/model of your Bluetooth keyboard? The Development team is working now on implementing BT Keyboards for Parallels Access in upcoming updates.

4. lotw

lotw Product Expert

I have used the Logitech iPad keyboard and the Zagg for both the iPad 2 and the newer version. All have had issues with both Parallels Mobile and Parallels Access.

5. Thanks for the models, lotw!

6. GraemeJ

GraemeJ Bit poster

Also, if you could enable support for the modifier keys, and especially the arrow keys for BT keyboards that would really push this product above all other VNC-like iPad apps.

7. lotw

lotw Product Expert

That is the part I don't understand. How is it that most, if not all VNC apps work fine with every BT keyboard I have tried, but neither PA or PM have ever worked correctly?

8. bill.raynor

bill.raynor Bit poster

I have a Zagg folio, and the app I am using (RStudio) sees regular keys. I haven't tested the special keys. However their pop-up blocks the bottom of the window, which blocks what you are typing into the console. I put in a problem report on that also.

9. GraemeJ

GraemeJ Bit poster

Surprise surprise, after the latest iPad app update, I can confirm that arrow and modifier keys now work using a logitech ultraslim keyboard - amazing!

10. RivieraDude

RivieraDude Bit poster

2nd this user on Zagg folio. I use that one as well.

11. GraemeJ

GraemeJ Bit poster

Still one BT keyboard deficiency. The ctrl key doesn't seem to work in basic apps such as an editor, terminal etc. in OS-X. So, for example, you can't kill a program with ctrl-c, move to the end of a line with ctrl-e and so on... Come on Parallels, we're almost there (and my free subscription is going to expire soon :)