Parallels Access For Mac

Discussion in 'Account and Subscription Management' started by AlekseyM, Oct 10, 2014.

1. AlekseyM

AlekseyM Product Expert

Are there any plans for creating access from a mac to a mac? The iPad works great, but an OSX client would be godsend. It will be a superior alternative to RDP.
    Just wondering...

2. Maheesh@Parallels

Maheesh@Parallels Parallels Support Parallels Support

Hi Aleksey,
    Parallels Access has been designed for iPad and iPhone to remotely access the computer.
    At this moment, we do not have any product or there is no possibility to remotely access one computer from another using Parallels Access software.

3. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

I'm sure Aleksey knows this, but he, me and others on this forum have expressed the desire for such feature.

Simply put, the fact that PA does not have a Desktop client makes PA a secondary choice when faced against the competition, PA is the best in what it does on mobile, but lacking a desktop client hurts PA overall usefulness comparing with the alternatives (Logemein/join.me, Teamviewer, Chrome Remote Desktop, Screen sharing, RDP, VNC). PA is a paid subscription, and it's not exactly cheap, it should cater to key remote access needs.

Although I have a PA active subscription, I'm currently using Chrome Remote Desktop, which doesn't have all the features on the iPad that PA has but gets the job done, however, the reason why I use CRD now is that it provides access from not only mobile platforms but Macs and PCs running Chrome (and does this for free), that should give Parallels an idea how important that feature is. And I don't want to have two run the two tools, PA and CRD, in the background all the time, because I think one should be enough and I don't see any reason why PA does not have a client for desktops.

The question is, how do we get the upper management at Parallels to 'get it'?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015