Can't Reserve Win10 - Parallels Display Driver Critical Issue

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MichaelS4, Jun 3, 2015.

1. MichaelS4

MichaelS4 Bit poster

I just attempted to reserve Windows 10 and the app is saying that the Parallels Display Driver (WDDM) is a critically conflicting piece of equipment. Any ideas on how to make this message go away so I can reserve?

screenshot.jpg-1.jpg

2. Best Answer
    Guys, please check some info about the issue here.
    Also I'd like to let you know that we're working on the resolution with our Development.
    While we do not have ETA for the fix, it has been prioritized appropriately.

3. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Hi Michael,
    Check the build of Parallels Desktop installed, update it to the latest build, refer http://kb.parallels.com/111603
    Install the latest build of Parallels Tools and check how it works.

4. Frederic Puhan

Frederic Puhan Member

I have the same issue. I checked my version of Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac (Version 10.2.1 (29006)) and it's the latest. So, I re-installed Parallels Tools and now the Windows 10 Reservation App has disappeared. This seems to be recursive: Windows Update brings the Reservation App, which states the video driver won't work, and re-installing the Parallels Tools removes the Reservation App.

(Interestingly enough, I have TWO Windows 7 Pro virtual machines configured in Parallels, and one of them does not exhibit this behavior. I've compared the two configurations, and made them identical, but the Reservation App still doesn't work on the second).

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  5. RobertS5

RobertS5 Bit poster

I have the same Windows 10 app critical WDDM issue from Windows 7 Pro 64 bit . I checked my version of Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac 10.2.1 (29006). It is the latest. I re-installed Parallels Tools. Still have the WDDM issue for MacBook Pro 13 Mid 2012 Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024MB, 8GB RAM, Yosemite 10.10.3 with Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM) driver 10.2.29006.0. I do not have the issue for my Mac Mini Server Mid 2010 NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256MB, 8GB RAM, Yosemite 10.10.3 with Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM) driver 10.2.29006.0.

6. kamahaffey1

kamahaffey1 Bit poster

I am having the same problem too. Will this be addressed or do we lost the free upgrade to Windows 10. I'm running Windows 7 and it's giving me the same message.

7. agranovsky

agranovsky Member

Same issue here. Would love to see a fix.

8. agranovsky

agranovsky Member

Have you guys actually tried reserving a Win10 upgrade from Win7 before sending this response?
    Latest version of Parallels here as well, exact same behavior as described by the OP, with Win7 SP1 guest, 10.10.3 MBP host.

JisooP likes this.
  9. DuaneG

DuaneG Junior Member

I have the same issue as the above posts. I wonder if Parallels 10 is truly ready for Windows 10. The seem strangely silent about it, considering it is a major release from Microsoft.

10. eyepee

eyepee Member

Same issue. Please fix this Parallels.

11. HaraldH1

HaraldH1 Bit poster

I'm having the same issue too.
    OSX Yosemite 10.10.2
    Parallels 10.2.1 (29006)

Windows 8.1 works
    Windows 7 with SP1 doesn't work

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  12. kamahaffey1

kamahaffey1 Bit poster

An update. I was able to reserve Windows 10 on my Mac mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5 running OSX Yosemite. However, the iMac continues to get the message stating there's a problem and incompatible with Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM) driver; thus, cannot reserve. Running the same versions of Yosemite and Parallels with over 8 GB on both macs. I'm also running Windows 7 with SP1 on both machines. Parallels, please help.

cadomagenge likes this.
  13. HaraldH1

HaraldH1 Bit poster

Update:
    Both Systems 64Bit Running on iMac 12GB Ram

Windows 8.1 Pro works
    Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1 doesn't work

14. Frederic Puhan

Frederic Puhan Member

While Parallels hasn't addressed this yet, I think it's only fair to mention that this is just about "reserving" Windows 10. When July 29 rolls around, the update will be available to all (who qualify, obviously). All the reservation does is pre-load the software on your Windows 7/8/8.1 VM so that you can proceed without having to go online and hitting the expected traffic jam.

What I find odd is that my issue began when I created a SECOND VM of Windows 7 Pro using my licensed disk. I wanted to "preserve" my original VM and try out Windows 10 (I also have the "insider preview") so I created a fresh install and this is when the issue started. To recap: My *original* VM of Windows 7 Pro does not report the WDDM driver issue. Go figure.

15. HaraldH1

HaraldH1 Bit poster

@Dear Frederic,
    You're right. I installed Windows 7 Ultimate complete new, now it work's. Win 8.1 was a complete new installation, in this case it's running ok.

Regards

17. AukeP

AukeP Bit poster

i am having the same issue. (just upgraded from parallels version 8 to 10 and the issue remained)

18. AndrewF2

AndrewF2 Bit poster

I'm also having exactly this issue. I have windows 7 with SP1 installed. I've confirmed that I have the latest build of Parallels 10, uninstalled and reinstalled the Parallels adapter driver within "Device Manager", reinstalled Parallels Tools. After all this I still get a message stating that Windows 10 can not be installed on my machine due to the WDDM as there will be display issues.

As others have said it will be annoying if Windows 10 can not be reserved during the period that the upgrade is being offered free due to this issue preventing the reservation process from progressing.

Are we any nearer a solution? Has anyone been able to overcome the problem yet?

Thanks.

19. Hey, I would like to let you know that we have already involved our Development in this case and they are currently working on the resolution.
    Once we receive any update we will let you know.

BobW2 and PaulB2 like this.
  20. AukeP

AukeP Bit poster

thank you! I am looking forward.

21. MichaelS4

MichaelS4 Bit poster

Maria thank you for the response. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, however there does not appear to be a way to force the "get win 10" app to re-check the configuration. Per Microsoft the app only checks configuration once per month. Please have the development team address this potential issue as well when they determine a resolution. I definitely do not want to lose out on the free upgrade opportunity. Thank you again.