Export to OVF

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AldwinS, Jul 26, 2015.

1. AldwinS

AldwinS Bit poster

Is there a way to export a VM created in Parallels to a format supported by VirtualBox or VMware (e.g. Open Virtualization Format)?
    I have a linux VM that I'd like to run on different laptops, do I have to buy an additional Parallels license for each laptop? Is there any alternative?
    Cheers

taniabd likes this.
  2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Best Answer
    OVF is unfortunately not supported in Parallels. In fact Parallels lacks any export capabilities.

However, VMWare can read Parallels format, but first you need to uncheck "expanding disk" in the disk configuration.

taniabd likes this.
  3. Dishant@Parallels

Dishant@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi AldwinS,
    According to our licensing policy, we can use one license key on only one computer. The other option is to purchase a business edition of Parallels Desktop. It will allow you to use the same key for different computers depending on the number of computers you have registered during the purchase. The business edition comes as a subscription. You'll have to subscribe annually once for all the licenses. To purchase a business edition you'll have to contact our sales team directly. You can use our website WWW.PARALLELS.COM for it.

4. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Best Answer
    OVF is unfortunately not supported in Parallels. In fact Parallels lacks any export capabilities.

However, VMWare can read Parallels format, but first you need to uncheck "expanding disk" in the disk configuration.

taniabd likes this.
  5. ALKESHT

ALKESHT Parallels Desktop for Mac 3 OS INSTALLATION

• Parallels Desktop for Mac 3 LICENCE KEY