Upgrade Printer Problems

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JimB1, Aug 19, 2015.

1. JimB1

JimB1 Bit poster

When I upgraded to P11, it installed a PS printer and then all of my other printers (HP 8620 and 7210) don't print. I get a message that the files are being converted to PS. How do I fix it?.. Knew I should not have upgraded. Also, I don't see any speed improvements.

Fustrated User!

2. Hi, could you please provide us with the screenshot of "PS printer"?
    Thanks in advance.

3. JimB1

JimB1 Bit poster

I ended up adding a network printer. That seems to work for printing but not sure for scanning. I noticed the printer being install on the upgrade. It installed a HP 2800 pS driver for some reason. The box shied at the top and said it was rendering the PS file I think.

4. Thanks for additional info. Just few tips about HP2800 driver -> it's actually a default Parallels printer driver for all types of printer, that's why it has been installed.

5. 44franktn

44franktn Junior Member

I have a similar issue. Upgraded (fortunately just trial version, but I see speed improvements), using Win 10 without issues. Now cannot print to my Brother laser printer (does work through Mac programs). I too see a box a the top saying "Converting to PS ..." (or something close). It flashes on for a second then disappears. This never appeared before. Acts as though it printed, but doesn't. Since the box disappears it will be difficult to get a screen shot.