Parallels desktop 10: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available"

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by George Fidias, Dec 28, 2014.

1. AdamN1

AdamN1 Bit poster

Is there a formal process to go through when this happens? The SSD in my Macbook Air died. It was replaced and a restore done back onto the new SSD via SuperDuper but Parallels is not activated and says license has reached the maximum activations. It's only the one machine though. Is there a form to fill out?

2. JoseL1

JoseL1 Bit poster

I've purchased a new Mac. I've transferred all of my files from the old mac to the new one. When I try to activate Parallels on my new Mac, says that "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key. Please purchase a new product license.". I will not buy a new license. I would like to uninstall Parallels on my old Mac and activate it on the New One. But I won't uninstall it until I see that I have a running Parallels on the new Mac. How can I achieve the desired results?

3. Hi, I've checked your account and change the internal settings of your Parallels Desktop 10 license key. Please activate your Parallels Desktop copy once again and check your inbox for more info.

4. Hi Adam, we've reset your Parallels Desktop 10 license key, if you cannot activate the Parallels Desktop 11 please provide me with this key (in private message)
    Also please check you inbox for more info about activation.

5. RoopeshS

RoopeshS Bit poster

I'm having the same problem.

6. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @RoopeshS Please check your private message and reply us.

7. AlexanderJ2

AlexanderJ2 Bit poster

Just created a support ticket with id 2158790, got a reply and replied again to explain my situation but no answer yet.
    Can somebody look into that and give me an answer so I can decide if I stay with Parallels or get a refund and switch?

Thanks..

8. AlexanderJ2

AlexanderJ2 Bit poster

Parallels Support is really great...

I've a similar situation as GeorgeF1 but in my case I've installed Parallels Desktop 11 Pro on my iMac and mainly work with that.
    From time to time I also used / use (Parallels Desktop 10 and older) on my MacBook Pro (pretty rarely), when I am / was on vacation or e.g. dog sitting
    or any other situation were I am / was not at home and so have / had no access to my iMac. I never used it at the same time I used my iMac Parallels Desktop installation as this doesn't make sense for me.

I now got Parallels Desktop 11 Pro (had to as I used cloned VMs), activated it on my iMac first and then tried to activate it on my MacBook Pro but there it doesn't work anymore. As I said before, even if the EULA says something else, that activation process on both machines work for any older Parallels Desktop version.

I then created a ticket and hoped that I could find a solution with Parallels support but Parallels Support insists on it's EULA and it looks like Parallels Support doesn't even try to find a solution for a long term customer. Only answer I always get is, but the EULA says, but the EULA, but the EULA.....

Maybe Parallels should rethink the EULA and or at least the licensing part as I'm not the only one who wants to use it that way and is not willing to pay another 99.99$ per year to use a second installation when they don't have access to the primary one.

Am I angry? Yes I am as it looks like Parallels Support really doesn't care about long term customers and tries to find a solution for them.

I was really a fan of Parallels Desktop but first you force (in case I want to stay up to date) me to buy the Pro edition as else I'm unable to use my VM's anymore the way I did (cloning / templating) and then you're not trying to find a solution for my case and insist on your EULA, which I didn't even see before I got the activation problem. During the purchase process I saw the AGB of Cleverbridge but not the EULA of Parallels.
    Then I searched the forums and find this thread, another user has a similar problem as I and the only thing you do is tell him to read the EULA.

I'm angry and will switch as I think that the only response will be that I should read the EULA and you won't try to make an exception or even read and try to understand my situation and why I'm not willing to pay additional 99.99$.

9. RandyD

RandyD Bit poster

I also have this issue. Got a new MBP yesterday and I cannot deactivate on the old machine because I simply moved my hard drive. Can I deactivate the old activation, and create a new one?

Thx - Randy

10. We've done it for you, please activate your Parallels Desktop app and check the issue.

11. RandyD

RandyD Bit poster

TOO. MUCH. AWESOMENESS!!!

Thanks!
    Randy

12. You're always welcome! Let us know if you need any help.

13. DorotaH

DorotaH Bit poster

I have the same problem, my MBP was replaced and I cannot use my license key anymore. All I get is the message: "You have reached the maximum number of activations available for your activation key (http://www.parallels.com/eula). Please purchase a new product license."
    Please help! It's very urgent. I cannot continue with my work without Parallels.

14. Hi, we've change the internal settings of your license key. Please activate your Parallels Desktop app again.
    Also please check the inbox for some additional information.

15. JonS4

JonS4 Bit poster

I have the same issue, recently replaced SSD's now I am receiving you have reached the maximum number of license keys with Parallels 10 license. Can this be resolved? Additionally is support only for 30 days even if I have just purchased Parallels Desktop 11?

16. Yes, we've change the internal settings of your key, also All Parallels Desktop products come with free phone and chat support for 30 days after registration. Email support is available for up to 2 years from the product release date.
    Please let us know if the issue still persists.

17. @JonS4 also please check your inbox for more information.

18. JoeyD1

JoeyD1 Bit poster

Hi all,

I have the same problem; I wanted to activate my Parallels Desktop license on my new laptop but received the same message.
    What to do?

Thanks in advance!

Greetz,
    Joey

19. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello @JoeyD1 Please check your private message and reply us.

20. PeterK2

PeterK2 Bit poster

Could you have my old activations deactivated so I can install Parallels on a new machine?