Support for never-booted OS X images in Task Sequences for Macs

Discussion in 'Parallels Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM' started by MattC3, Nov 11, 2015.

1. MattC3

MattC3 Member

Hi

We've updated to v4.0.1 of PMM and one of the reasons is to be able to utilise this feature.
    As the admin guide hasn't been updated yet to include this functionality, can you please let me know how I can create an image for a never booted image?

Thanks

2. Evgeny Smirnov

Evgeny Smirnov Parallels Developers

3. MattC3

MattC3 Member

Hi Evgeny.

Thanks for the info, I've created a hfs.dmg using AutoDMG and then mounted that and used the pmm_osd_image_builder tool to create the System.dmg. This is for OS X 10.11.1.
    The issue I'm having now is that when I try to add the pmm created image to SCCM I get an error 1314.
    I've also tried building a Mac and taking an image of that, as I did with 10.10, but with that I get the same error again.

Can you please let me know what this error means and how I can resolve it. I need to get some new Macs built as soon as I can and these require 10.11.

Thanks

4. MattC3

MattC3 Member

FYI, I'm also getting the same error when trying to add a 10.11.1 boot image.

5. Evgeny Smirnov

Evgeny Smirnov Parallels Developers

MattC3,
    There is no need to do this. Just rename hfs.dmg to System.dmg. Put in some empty folder and add that folder to SCCM as Mac System Image (Folder MUST be empty because all files will be added to SCCM).

Error 1314 - A required privilege is not held by the client. Do you have administrator permissions on PC?

MattC3 likes this.
  6. MattC3

MattC3 Member

Thanks for the reply and apologies for the delayed response.

I've got this to work by running the SCCM console as admin. It seems someone has turned on our software restriction policy.