Just checking - Does Parallels send mysterious, subject-less e-mail messages?

Discussion in 'Account and Subscription Management' started by RonH1, Dec 28, 2015.

1. RonH1

RonH1 Bit poster

I hate to be pedantic, but I have to check. I have received 2 suspicious-looking e-mail messages without "From:" addresses, and with empty subject fields that appear to be from Parallels.
    They contain the following text:
    "To know how to redeem the code visit:" followed by a link that appears to be to Parallels.
    Is this a frequent practice on Parallels' part?
    If so, it's a bit unorthodox, and unsettling...

2. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi RonH1, Could you please let us know have you purchase any Parallels products recently? Also please provide us a screenshot of the email, so that we can check it for you.

3. RonH1

RonH1 Bit poster

Um, I replied with the information and screenshot that you requested.
    Any comment, as yet?

4. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Please check your private messages and respond.

5. RonH1

RonH1 Bit poster

Well, Manoj, I sure wish I could, but I have no idea how to do that. I see links to "Conversations," "Content," "Alerts," "News Feed," but no link to "Private Messages."
    I joined this forum to ask (what I thought was) one simple question, so I'm new to this little jungle.
    All I wanted to do was solve one problem, but the real problem seems to be just navigating these forums. I guess I'll just go "take my lumps" elsewhere. I did what another admin asked me to do, and as a result, you tell me that my post was deleted for security reasons. I'm not solving a problem; I'm only getting a "royal" education in how Parallels uses a unique method that prevents us from simply logging into the forums directly (and I wasted a ton of time figuring THAT out. I only wish I had the time to deal with all this "education," but I just want to know whether Parallels has another "unique" policy of sending e-mail messages that have neither a "from" address nor a subject line. On almost any other forum, I'd have had my answer after following normal sign-up protocols, and submitting one post.

6. ManojK@Parallels

We term conversations as Private messages. Kindly look into the conversations for a message from me and reply accordingly.

7. RonH1

RonH1 Bit poster

Sorry, Manoj, I must just be to 'thick' to use this forum. I've searched and clicked just about everywhere, and I simply end up viewing a black box overlay that takes me nowhere, or in a loop back to here. Can't find the reply to which you refer. I've never had so much difficulty navigating a forum, and I belong to many. Guess I'll just have to let this go - i cannot afford the time it's taking to get nowhere. And I don't have another month to learn the code/buzz words.

Thanks for your efforts in trying to help.

8. ManojK@Parallels

Please email us at cs(at)parallels(.)com,so that we can assist you.