Wake Up function not available in Parallels Access web interface

Discussion in 'Accessing your Mac' started by Aidan1, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Aidan1

Aidan1 Bit poster

If I want to wake up my Mac that is sleeping, how can I do this from the web interface?

I can see the alarm clock icon on my iPad and Android device which when I click, sends the wake up command. However on the web interface I only get an option to Edit or Delete the Mac.
    It is cumbersome to have to open the Android app to wake the device, cancel the remote session, refresh the web interface and then create a new session just to get into the Mac.

Thanks in advance

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello Aidan1,This feature works on most Apple computers released since late 2010 with OS X 10.8 or later. It requires the Enable Power Nap option to be active (it's on by default) in the Energy Saver settings. Please refer to this article to know Wake-on-Lan support in Parallels Access.

3. Aidan1

Aidan1 Bit poster

Yes, I get all that. If you read my question, you'd see I was already waking up the Mac from my iPad and Android device.

You haven't answered my question, "how can I do this from the web interface?"

4. JannB

JannB Bit poster

Who did you do it? - in the latest Version 2018 I tried and it failed from Android 8 and IOS 10.. no Chance to wake up my MB Air 2013 who supports WoWLAN...

5. Zac5

Zac5 Bit poster

I have the same issue