New Xbox One Wireless Controller Support?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by gchriswill, Aug 12, 2016.

1. gchriswill

gchriswill Bit poster

Hello everyone!
    I have a wireless Xbox One controller (Newest and recently released).
    I have the latest Mac OS X update.
    I have the latest Parallels update.
    I have the latest Windows 10 update.
    I want to be able to play with my xbox controller with my Windows 10 virtual machine.
    It does not work wirelessly and does not work via USB either.
    CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?

2. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Hey @ChristopherG1,
    Please try reinstalling Parallels Tools as per the steps outlined and check how it works.

gchriswill likes this.
  3. gchriswill

gchriswill Bit poster

Hey! @Raj@Parallels,
    Thank you so much for pointing me out with the manual installation of Parallels Tools. This actually was the step I was missing...
    It works with a USB cable! YAYYYYYYYYY! I can play like a Pro now :)

TO EVERYONE INTERESTED IN GAMING WITH PARALLELS:
    I confirm that the Xbox One S controller works with a Parallels Windows 10 virtual machine (at least via USB).
    In my tests:
    1. I had to plug in the Xbox One S controller to an Xbox One S first in order to the Xbox update the controller firmware. Just plugged in and let it do it's work.
    2. Then check for updates to Parallels software and install if any.
    3. Then check for Windows 10 updates and install if any.
    4. Then check for Windows Store apps updates and install if any.
    5. After fully done with all the updates, reinstall Parallels tools (even if it was previously installed during Windows updates) and restart the PC.
    6. Then Open Xbox app on Windows 10 and plug in the Xbox One S controller. The controller vibrate for attempting to link with Windows 10 and will turn on by it self when its linked and ready.
    7. Then PLAY! ;)

IMPORTANT NOTE: The controller does not work Wirelessly due to the fact that Parallels don't use the Bluetooth adapter of the host Mac, instead it uses the devices connected to the Mac itself. When you connect the Xbox One S controller, the Mac recognize the controller as an audio device with only audio functionality. Then when the device is shared to Windows 10, it won't work due to the fact that the device is been shared as an audio device.

4. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

You're welcome. Thanks for sharing this information. Please feel free to reach us anytime.