Parallels Desktop 13 ?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AdamC6, Jun 23, 2017.

1. AdamC6

AdamC6 Bit poster

Hello, the actual sales (-25%) is interesting, unless a new version of Parallels Desktop is release in September for High Sierra.
    I would be very upset to buy it now and to pay again for an update 3 months later.
    Is there any rumors about a future version ?

Thank you

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @AdamC6,

Actually, Parallels Desktop Pro/Subscription editions are allow upgrading to future Parallels Desktop versions at no additional charge. Once a new version is released, you will simply need to download it from the Parallels website.

Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac does not officially support High Sierra that has been made available as a beta yet. We are closely working with Apple on providing official support for High Sierra.

We recommend you to wait for an update of Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac that will be available with High Sierra. Subscribe to http://kb.parallels.com/en/123948 to know when a new update is available.

3. AdamC6

AdamC6 Bit poster

Thank you for you answer, I'll be more precise:
    I have Parallels Desktop 11, I do not have a professional use of it, I just need it once in while.
    Should I wait an update from 11 to 13 or should I buy the update on sales now ? (from 11 to 12) ?
    Thank you :)

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

I understand your concern. As of now, we have no ETA for version 13 release. But, given that there will be a new version inevitably and provided that you have no real need right now to upgrade Parallels Desktop on your Mac, you may simply wait around till the next version's release. Or, you may purchase version 12 now if you're quite particular about the present discount offer - but you'll still have to purchase version 13 later if you want that as well. Choice is yours.

5. GeorgeS9

GeorgeS9 Bit poster

Hi AdamC6 can you please post the link here or through pm where you have found 25% discount on parallels desktop 12? I have searched dozens of coupon sites and the best I could find is 25% off on 2-licenses here https://www.couponsale.us/store/parallels/

6. AdamC6

AdamC6 Bit poster

Hi, it was not a coupon. It was sales directly from the Parallels web site, limited in time.

7. GeorgeS9

GeorgeS9 Bit poster

I see, thanks anyway

8. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @GeorgeS9, yes! it was a limited time offer from Parallels. Please visit our official online web-store and if you would like to receive email notifications on discounted offers, product updates, new version releases, and promotions, please, subscribe to our newsletter following using the link.

9. DamienB2

DamienB2 Member

If the 25% means a lot to you then go for that. But if not just hang on for version 13. I have been buying/subscribing to Parallels for the past three years and the new version is pretty much always released around mid August. Around August 12th last year if I remember correctly? Parallels, like Apple, will not discuss un-released product information for marketing reasons. They probably do have an ETA but are under strict instructions not to disclose it because A) if they commit to and announce a release date, things could get messy both internally and with the waiting customers if a last minute bug pops up and they need to delay, and B) if they were to say "yes, v13 is going to be released in 2 weeks", it would put people off buying what they currently have. It's all a marketing ploy. Guaranteed, v13 will be released no later than the end of August, probably mid way through the month I would guess.

10. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We haven't received any notification regarding Parallels Desktop 13 release. Subscribe to our newsletter for updates.

11. DmitryT1

DmitryT1 Bit poster

and... i think we should not expect 13 beta... We will have release instead :)

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We would be glad to share you the release date of Parallels Desktop 13 if we have that information but unfortunately, we don't have that information as of now. If you wish to get Parallels Desktop 13 then you can purchase Parallels Desktop 12 subscription so that you will get a free upgrade.

13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to inform you that Parallels Desktop 13 is released. You use the trial and test its features.

14. DmitryT1

DmitryT1 Bit poster

Done! Thanks!

15. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Feel free to reach us if you have any questions regarding Parallels Desktop 13 and Parallels Toolbox 2.0.0.

16. SPX

SPX Junior Member

Upgrade to Parallels Desktop 49,99 euro
    Pro Edition
    1-Year Subscription

What is the price after 12 months?
    Cancel anytime
    So i need to fulfil the 12 month first to cancle after that at any time?

When Paralles 14 arrives next year does the price stay 49,99 for the Pro version if not can you upgrade from Pro to Home?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  17. MatthewS8

MatthewS8 Bit poster

Hi All

Does anyone know what the valid previous releases for an upgrade are to Parallels Desktop For Mac 13 ? I have parallels 10, and need to go to 13. If I buy the upgrade option, I want to know it will work !

Thanks

Matt

18. VladislavK1

VladislavK1 Bit poster

When will the Student edition become available?

19. MichaelU2

MichaelU2 Bit poster

In July I upgraded to 12. Am I now suppose to pay another $50 to get 13?

20. YogeshM

YogeshM Bit poster

I bought Parallels ver 12 in mid July. Am I eligible for free upgrade to ver 13 OR is there a free upgrade offer for new customers within a specific time period?