Disable application sharing by default?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ThinhP, Sep 19, 2017.

1. ThinhP

ThinhP Bit poster

Hi all,

Every time I create a VM, I need to disable the application sharing feature manually. Since I don't want to share applications between host and guests ever, is there any way I can disable that once and for all?

Thanks

2. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @ThinhP ,

During the installation process of Windows, in the installation wizard, you will get an option to customise settings before installation (Please refer http://kb.parallels.com/4729 and check the screenshot under step 6 ) you can enable the option customise settings before installation to get the configuration Window and disable sharing.

Thanks
    Alfena

3. ThinhP

ThinhP Bit poster

Hi Alfena,

I already know that. What I need is an option or any workaround to disable sharing for every future VMs. I don't want that to be turned on by default so I have to turn it off every time I create a VM.

Thanks,

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ThinhP , by default the once the virtual machine is created and tools are installed inside it, sharing will be enabled. If you wold like to disable it, you have to do it manually.

5. TonyC2

TonyC2 Member

yeah give it up. i already asked for a similar featureset (create a template of settings for when new VMs are created) and was basically told the same - you can do it manually...

6. rkulikov

rkulikov Parallels Developers

@TonyC2, may be virtual machine template is an option for you?

7. TonyC2

TonyC2 Member

as i understand it, that only alows you to create a template from an existing VM.

it does not help if i want to install a different OS...

8. rkulikov

> as i understand it, that only alows you to create a template from an existing VM.
    > it does not help if i want to install a different OS...
    Yep, you're right.

Or I may suggest to script VM configuration via command line tool prlctl.

9. TonyC2

TonyC2 Member

or maybe make it a feature (in pro only perhaps? ($$$)) that allows a user to "Save Configuration" and new VMs load from that configuration...

*sigh* is there a how-to / F.A.Q. / tutorial on scripting a VM configuration using prlctl ?

10. rkulikov

> *sigh* is there a how-to / F.A.Q. / tutorial on scripting a VM configuration using prlctl ?

man prlctl