Unable to activate Parallels 13 Upgrade (have active subscription)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GregoryU, Aug 22, 2017.

1. GregoryU

GregoryU Bit poster

When I tried to install and activate Parallels 13 from Parallels 12 on the same machine, I came to a screen that "Activates Parallels Desktop" with a filled out license (which looks like the one that I have for my subscription) and asks me to confirm. When I copy and paste the license from my subscription, I get
    "the product key of a previous version of Parallels Desktop has been not accepted on the license server."

How can I resolve this ?

I felt ignored. I tweeted, I sent Facebook message and I post in the community.

I was able to get someone on Facebook Messenger...showed them the activation screen on 8/24.

He figured out that all I had on my account is a upgrade license (I have been doing a subscription since 2015) and the only original full license that I had was back to version 7 with upgrades after that.

He said that there needed to be an internal discussion and then would get back with me.

I was given a parallels licence via messenger on 8/25 and I am now activated.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    MohammedJ1 likes this.
  2. MDYN

MDYN Bit poster

I'm in the same boat.

Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Thanks,

3. RobJ4

RobJ4 Bit poster

Me, too. Frustrating. I have 11 days left to get this resolved. Website said "Free upgrade," but it's not clear, now that I've overwritten Parallels 12, how I get this version 13 for free.

4. MohammedJ1

MohammedJ1 Bit poster

I'm in the same boat too ..
    My subscription is renewed automatically (August 23) , the payment is done ..

when I want to active my parallels I got
    You have entered upgrade key. Please enter previous version key.
    When i entered previous key which is the same (Renewed) even when i entered the older one, I got:
    [ Unable to activate Parallels Desktop.
    The product key of a previous version of Parallels Desktop has been not accepted on the license server. ]

5. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @GregoryU We have sent you a private message, please check and respond. Thanks, Shathish

6. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @MDYN We have sent you a private message, please check and respond. Thanks, Shathish

7. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @MohammedJ1 We have sent you a private message, please check and respond. Thanks, Shathish

8. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @MDYN We pulled the records and found that you activated the Parallels Desktop on 17/Jun/2017. Customers who purchased and registered a copy of Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac from the Parallels Online Store or an authorized reseller on or after August 1,2017 through October 31, 2017, are eligible for an upgrade to the next version of Parallels Desktop for Mac at no charge. Please refer this article: http://kb.parallels.com/124229

9. MDYN

MDYN Bit poster

So how do I revert back to 12, then?

10. DanielU1

DanielU1 Bit poster

I'm having the same problem. Installed upgrade with current subscription but cannot activate.

11. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

12. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @DanielU1 ,
    Please let us know what version you are trying to activate and what happens when you activate? do you get an error message?

Thanks, Alfena

13. DanielU1

DanielU1 Bit poster

Hi Alfena, I'm trying to upgrade to Parallels 13. When I add my "key" I get a message saying it is not for version 13. How do I get a Key for version 13?

Thank you

14. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

We see that you have Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac, please use this link www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd12 to download and install Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac. Please check if this works and keep us posted. Thanks!

15. DanielU1

DanielU1 Bit poster

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  16. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

You're welcome. keep us posted. Thanks!

17. BrianK6

BrianK6 Bit poster

Wow is this frustrating. Software auto-renewed, and now asking for product key from previous version. Signed on to my online account and no legacy keys are listed although I renewed last year and purchased the full product before that. Contacted chat support and they indicated I should use 14 day trial until this is resolved, but there is no 14 day trial button on my activation screen. I asked for a temp or other trial key so that I can use my laptop and keep working until this is resolved and I was told there were none available. My email runs on Outlook on parallels/windows so cant receive emails either. Hoping someone from parallels calls me back soon.

It is unbelievable that parallels can leave paying customers dead in the water and unable to work.

UPDATE: I did receive an email with a Parallels 11 code. Had to login to email through my web host to receive, but at least they did respond with a code.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  18. GrahamN1

GrahamN1 Bit poster

Hi, I'm having this exact issue. I finished work on Friday with everything working. My subscription then renewed itself over the weekend, and when I booted up my Mac this morning, Parallels began prompting me for an upgrade key. Inputting the only key found on my licenses page causes it to say that "the product key of a previous version of Parallels Desktop has been not accepted on the license server." This is very frustrating as this issue has caused my development work to come to a complete halt until this can be resolved. What's even more frustrating is that there is no Parallels phone support that can help resolve issues like this more quickly. And to use Facebook Messenger as a support option is pretty wild. Are corporate employees really expected to register Facebook accounts in order to receive support?

Update: I've tried downgrading to Parallels 12, but I receive the same error. I've still received no word from Parallels support on how to fix this. I'm not sure if I'll be sticking to this product in the future if it means being locked out of work for days after each license renewal...

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    DarekD likes this.
  19. BrianK6

BrianK6 Bit poster

Try the chat, the email I received was in response to the chat conversation.

Also, I disabled auto-renewal so at least I can plan an upgrade around downtime.

Parallels, I tried to register the ver 11 code I was given and it said it was already registered. So, I fear next year Ill have the same upgrade problem for a third year in a row. This is something that must be fixed.

20. DarekD

DarekD Bit poster

Hello, I used 13 versions for 30 days trial. I want to go back to version 12, which works just as well. Unfortunately, the system does not allow this.
    How to restore the version 12 again?