How to create shortcuts in folders on Desktop.

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Windows' started by KazuyukiK2, Nov 9, 2017.

1. KazuyukiK2

KazuyukiK2 Bit poster

Hi there.
    I am planing to migrate from XenApp v6.5 to Parallels RAS v16 and examining the differences between them.
    I want to know whether or not I can create shortcuts in folders on Windows Desktop when I use Parallels Client(Windows),
    and whether or not I can create such shortcuts automatically after I make connections to RAS servers via Parallels Client.

I am pleased if you can reply to me.

---I am using below---
    1. Parallels RAS v16.0
    2. Parallels Client(Windows) 64bit v16.1

2. KazuyukiK2

KazuyukiK2 Bit poster

As to the above matter, I found the solution.
    I understood that I can create shortcuts on Desktop automatically by changing a default setting related with shortcuts on a RAS server.
    I also understood that shortcuts and folders are created on Start Menu Folder, though I want to create these folders on Desktop.
    I'm going to continue trial and error to create folders on Desktop.
    (by editting registry ?)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  3. jpc

jpc Pro

Like you found out shortcuts can be created on the desktop by using (from the RAS console):
    "Publishing (Category)" > Published Resources > "name of published resource" > Shortcuts (tab) > "Create Shortcut on Desktop"
    Documentation: http://download.parallels.com/ras/v...-RAS-v16-Administrators-Guide/index.htm#39295

However I do not think that the folders can be created on the desktop in the same manner.
    Maybe you will need to add that as a feature suggestion.

4. KazuyukiK2

KazuyukiK2 Bit poster

I am appreciating your kind response.
    If I have a chance, I will submit a feature suggestion.

5. SimonJ3

SimonJ3 Bit poster

I agree with jpc about the feature suggestion, but please let me know what you find out. Im interested in how you end up creating the shortcuts. Can be relevant for me as well.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018