Can't Get Trial Key

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by welcher, Sep 25, 2007.

1. welcher

welcher Bit poster

Hi,

I am interested in buying Parallels for Mac and downloaded the demo but I cannot get a trail key from the website or from the activation dialogue box in the actual program. I used the same email address that I did to sign up for the forum and tried 2 different browsers to resend the email to me (Safari and Firefox).

Please let me know how to proceed or simply send me a trail key to this forum account

thanks

2. Stacey M

Stacey M Parallels Team

Hello,

in order to receive a trial key via our website, you should register. Then there must be an activation e-mail sent to you. If you didn't receive any, please check your SPAM-folder.
    After activation you must fill in the second part of registration form. And only then you can ask for trial key.
    If you still have a problem, please specify it.

Best regards,
    Stacey

3. welcher

welcher Bit poster

Stacey,

I appreciate your response, however please read my original post. I could not get the website to send me any emails at all once I had registered. I used 2 different browsers and never received any emails either to my Junk mail folder or to my regular inbox.

I ended up having to call tech support and request a key that way. Unfortunately, 5 hours after I was told it would be sent via email in "3 seconds" I still hadn't received my trial key. So I placed another call, this time to sales and was able to get a trail key within a few minutes

I don't expect Parallels to jump through hoops for me as I am only a demo user, but I have to admit that my experience had made me very leary to buy the program as I have concerns about the level of support for it.